It's only appropriate that our best-ever snag rolls make it into The Australian Women's Weekly's 'Best Ever Recipes' cookbook. These family favourites are always a hit at the dinner table.
Best-ever snag rolls
- 1 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium brown onions (300g), sliced thinly
- 2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 4 good-quality pork sausages (320g)
- 20 gram (¾ ounce) butter
- 200 gram (6½ ounces) swiss brown mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 40 gram (1½ ounces) mixed salad leaves
- 4 long bread rolls (200g), toasted lightly
- 1/3 cup (100g) aioli
Best-ever snag rolls
- 1Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a medium frying pan over low heat; cook onion, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until golden brown and beginning to caramelise. Add vinegar and sugar; cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until caramelised. Remove from pan.
- 2Heat remaining oil in same pan over medium-high heat; cook sausages, turning frequently, for 8 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
- 3Meanwhile, heat butter in a large frying pan over medium heat; cook mushroom and rosemary, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until mushroom is golden brown. Season to taste.
- 4To assemble, place some salad leaves on each roll, top with some mushroom mixture, a sausage and some onion mixture. Drizzle with aioli.
Recipe is not suitable to freeze or microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Miso eggplant and noodle saladYesterday 10:00pm
- New York cheesecakeYesterday 5:00pm
- Verjuice chicken and leek stewYesterday 2:00pm
- Cheesy eggplant and lentil bakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Chunky minestrone with haloumiYesterday 2:00pm
- Roast chicken with herb stuffingYesterday 2:00pm
- Chicken paprikashYesterday 2:00pm
- Beef and mushroom stewYesterday 2:00pm
- 16 tasty ways with risoni pastaYesterday 2:00pm
- Easy gravyYesterday 2:00pm
- Easy chicken pasta recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Arancini with tomato and balsamic sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- 23 sweet and savoury hand piesYesterday 2:00pm
- Coconut beef curryYesterday 2:00pm