- 750 gram minced lamb
- 3/4 cup (150g) uncooked jasmine rice
- 1 cup (70g) stale breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh coriander
- 1/2 cup (150g) balti curry paste
- 2 1/2 cup (625ml) water
- 400 gram canned diced tomatoes
- 2 brown onions (300g), chopped finely
- 650 gram baby eggplant, halved lengthways, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh coriander leaves, extra
- 1Combine lamb, rice, breadcrumbs, egg and coriander in a large bowl, season to taste; roll level tablespoons of mixture into balls. Place on a tray, cover; refrigerate 20 minutes.
- 2Combine paste and the water in a large jug; pour into a 4.5-litre (18-cup) slow cooker. Stir in tomatoes and onion; add meatballs and eggplant. Cook, covered, on high, for 4 hours. Season to taste.
- 3Serve sprinkled with extra coriander leaves.
Make sure the meatballs are completely submerged in the liquid during cooking. To freeze; complete recipe to end of step 2. Pack into freezer-proof containers, leaving a 2.5cm (1 inch) space to allow for expansion. Seal, label and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge. Reheat in a saucepan or microwave on medium power (50%) until heated through.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Seeded parmesan crispsJan 31, 2021
- Banana berry breakfast sorbetJan 30, 2021
- TiramisuYesterday 10:00pm
- Aromatic Vietnamese beef curryYesterday 1:00pm
- Easy chicken parmigianaYesterday 1:00pm
- Beef stroganoffYesterday 1:00pm
- 20 tantalising tiramisu recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Delicious chicken drumstick recipe ideasYesterday 1:00pm
- Nutella TiramisuYesterday 1:00pm
- Pad ThaiYesterday 1:00pm
- Boston baked beansYesterday 5:03am
- Dessert recipes starring fresh peachesYesterday 4:18am
- 25 pasta recipesYesterday 1:08am
- Homemade mint sauceYesterday 1:00am
- Our best cupcake recipesJan 26, 2021