- 750 gram minced lamb
- 3/4 cup (150g) uncooked jasmine rice
- 1 cup (70g) stale breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh coriander
- 1/2 cup (150g) balti curry paste
- 2 1/2 cup (625ml) water
- 400 gram canned diced tomatoes
- 2 brown onions (300g), chopped finely
- 650 gram baby eggplant, halved lengthways, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh coriander leaves, extra
- 1Combine lamb, rice, breadcrumbs, egg and coriander in a large bowl, season to taste; roll level tablespoons of mixture into balls. Place on a tray, cover; refrigerate 20 minutes.
- 2Combine paste and the water in a large jug; pour into a 4.5-litre (18-cup) slow cooker. Stir in tomatoes and onion; add meatballs and eggplant. Cook, covered, on high, for 4 hours. Season to taste.
- 3Serve sprinkled with extra coriander leaves.
Make sure the meatballs are completely submerged in the liquid during cooking. To freeze; complete recipe to end of step 2. Pack into freezer-proof containers, leaving a 2.5cm (1 inch) space to allow for expansion. Seal, label and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge. Reheat in a saucepan or microwave on medium power (50%) until heated through.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 24 sweet ways with bread and butter puddingYesterday 2:00pm
- Dark chocolate croissant puddingYesterday 2:00pm
- Jam roll puddingYesterday 2:00pm
- Hungarian goulashYesterday 2:00pm
- Tasty tagine recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- 31 perfect pot pies for easy dinnersYesterday 2:00pm
- South-East Asian dinner recipesMay 31, 2020
- Ultimate slow cooker ideas for winterMay 31, 2020
- Pineapple upside-down cakeMay 31, 2020
- 14 sweet & savoury buttermilk recipesMay 31, 2020
- Custard tartMay 31, 2020
- 27 brilliant ways to use barley in your recipesMay 31, 2020
- Impossible pieMay 31, 2020
- Pumpkin sconesMay 31, 2020
- What food is in season in June?May 31, 2020