- 80 gram butter
- 300 millilitre cream
- 1/2 cup (40g) finely grated parmesan
- 1Melt butter in medium frying pan. Add cream; bring to a boil then reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 5 minutes or until sauce reduces by half.
- 2Add cheese; stir over low heat about 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
Use light thickened cream for a lower-fat version. Parmigiano reggiano, a salty, sharp, aged cheese, is best used in this recipe, and is available at most delicatessens. Do not reduce the cream mixture too rapidly or by too much as this sauce can burn.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Coconut, tomato and lentil soupJan 20, 2022
- 30 sweet slice recipesJan 20, 2022
- Fresh tomato pizzettasJan 20, 2022
- Our best Italian recipesJan 19, 2022
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesJan 19, 2022
- Marbled cheesecake browniesJan 19, 2022
- Lemon chicken casseroleJan 19, 2022
- Lemon sliceJan 19, 2022
- Cinnamon doughnutsJan 19, 2022
- Chicken cacciatoreJan 19, 2022
- Chilli jamJan 19, 2022
- Garlic breadJan 19, 2022
- 10 classic recipes to master once and for allJan 19, 2022