- 1/2 cup (100g) couscous
- 1/2 cup (125ml) boiling water
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup (40g) pine nuts
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 small red onion (50g), chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 red capsicum (75g), chopped finely
- 200 gram piece pumpkin, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 6 zucchini (720g), halved lengthways
- 1/2 cup (140g) greek-style yoghurt
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped preserved lemon
- 2 tablespoon water
- 1Make preserved lemon yoghurt. Combine ingredients in small bowl.
- 2Combine couscous with the water and juice in large heatproof bowl, cover; stand about 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed, fluffing with fork occasionally.
- 3Heat oil in large saucepan; cook nuts, stirring, until browned lightly. Add garlic, onion and spices; cook, stirring, until onion softens. Add capsicum and pumpkin; cook, stirring, until pumpkin is just tender. Stir in couscous and parsley.
- 4Meanwhile, cook zucchini on heated oiled barbecue until just tender.
- 5Serve zucchini topped with couscous and drizzled with yoghurt.
Preserved lemon is a North African specialty; lemons are quartered and preserved in salt and lemon juice. To use, remove and discard pulp, squeeze juice from rind, rinse well; slice rind thinly. Sold in jars or singly by delicatessens; store under refrigeration once opened.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Broccoli riceJan 31, 2021
- Banana berry breakfast sorbetJan 30, 2021
- Delicious chicken drumstick recipe ideasYesterday 1:00pm
- Boston baked beansYesterday 5:03am
- Dessert recipes starring fresh peachesYesterday 4:18am
- 25 pasta recipesYesterday 1:08am
- Homemade mint sauceYesterday 1:00am
- Our best cupcake recipesJan 26, 2021
- Our best banana breadJan 26, 2021
- Lamb rack with sourdough, lemon and herb crustJan 26, 2021
- Lamb chops with slow-roast tomatoesJan 26, 2021
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeJan 26, 2021
- Roast stuffed mushroomsJan 26, 2021
- Potato samosasJan 26, 2021
- Breakfast and brunch recipesJan 26, 2021