- 3 cup roughly grated zucchini (from about 5 zucchini)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 700 gram fresh ricotta, well drained
- 3/4 cup (60g) grated parmesan
- 3 green onions (shallots), finely sliced
- 3 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped dill
- 1/3 cup (50g) sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained, chopped
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated, plus grated rind of 1/2 lemon extra
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 8 large cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley
- 1Preheat oven to 170°C (150°C fan-forced). Grease a 25cm, 8 cup-capacity pie dish.
- 2Place zucchini and salt in a strainer and toss to combine. Place over a bowl and set aside for 10 minutes to drain. Use your hands to squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- 3Combine ricotta, parmesan, onion, garlic, dill, sun-dried tomato and lemon rind in a large bowl. Add egg and mix until well combined. Stir in zucchini.
- 4Spoon mixture into prepared dish. Top with cherry tomato and place on a baking tray. Bake for 45-50 minutes, until set.
- 5Meanwhile, combine oil, parsley and extra lemon rind in a small food processor. Season well and process until finely chopped.
- 6Cut ricotta bake into wedges, drizzle with parsley oil and serve.
If you have the time, drain the ricotta through cheesecloth to prevent the bake being too wet. If the bake is set but the top isn't quite golden, pop it under a hot grill for a minute or so to give it a bit more colour. For the meat-lovers in your household, you can add two sliced spicy Italian-style sausages or chorizo to the mix. Cook in a frying pan on medium heat for three or four minutes, until browned and crisp. Add to the egg mixture with the zucchini.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 28 mango recipes for dessertOct 21, 2021
- 13 Spooky Halloween recipesOct 21, 2021
- Seeded pumpkin breadOct 21, 2021
- Apple crumbleOct 21, 2021
- Santorini tomato frittersOct 21, 2021
- Zucchini primavera with poached eggsOct 21, 2021
- Gluten-free banana breadOct 21, 2021
- Fresh tomato pizzettasOct 21, 2021
- Basic hummusOct 20, 2021
- Custard tartOct 20, 2021
- Our best hummus recipesOct 20, 2021
- Roti canai flatbreadOct 20, 2021
- Peaches and cream pieOct 20, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeOct 20, 2021