- 500 gram cherry truss tomatoes
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves
- 200 gram piece fetta, sliced into 4 lengthways
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 5 small zucchini (450g)
- 3 clove garlic, sliced thinly
- 2 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon olive oil, extra
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano, extra
- 1 cup small fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoon coarsely grated parmesan
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Line two oven trays with baking paper.
- 2Place tomatoes on one tray; drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of the oregano leaves; season. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and blistered.
- 3Meanwhile, place fetta slices on second tray; drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Sprinkle with chilli and 2 teaspoons of the oregano. Bake for 12 minutes or until golden.
- 4Using a julienne peeler or spiraliser, cut zucchini into 'spaghetti'; place in a large bowl.
- 5Heat remaining oil in a small frying pan over medium heat; cook garlic for 2 minutes or until lightly golden. Stir in rind, juice, extra oil and extra chopped oregano.
- 6Add garlic mixture and roasted tomatoes (and any juices) to zucchini with basil and remaining oregano leaves; toss to combine. Season to taste. Serve 'spaghetti' topped with crumbled fetta and parmesan.
To create the long pasta-like strands, you will need a few special tools: a julienne peeler, this looks like a wide bladed vegetable peeler with a serrated rather than straight blade. You could also use a spiraliser, a hand cranked machine designed to cut vegetables into noodles or ribbons. Both items are available from kitchenware shops.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- ColeslawYesterday 1:00pm
- Honey soy nutsYesterday 1:00pm
- Millionaire's shortbreadYesterday 6:08am
- Christmas celebration salad with maple dressingYesterday 3:33am
- Spinach dip cob loafDec 08, 2019
- Spiced sweet potato tartDec 08, 2019
- Sweet potato, mint and goat’s cheese tartletsDec 08, 2019
- Mushroom and spinach bruschettaDec 08, 2019
- Chocolate hazelnut ice-cream pandoroDec 08, 2019
- Asparagus with crisp lentils and herb yoghurtDec 08, 2019
- A very vegetarian ChristmasDec 06, 2019
- Crispy roast potatoes with rosemary saltDec 05, 2019
- 34 side dishes to complete your Christmas mealDec 05, 2019