- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup (60ml) kecap manis
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 10 cm stalk fresh lemongrass, white part only, chopped finely
- ⅓ cup (80ml) lime juice
- ¾ cup (105g) dry-roasted peanuts, chopped coarsely
- 750 grams zucchini
- 1 bunch green kale (395g), trimmed (see tips), leaves torn into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon white sesame seeds, toasted
- 1Place garlic, kecap manis, sesame oil, ginger, lemon grass, juice and half the peanuts in the bowl of a small food processor; process until well combined.
- 2Using a vegetable spiralizer, cut zucchini into thick noodles.
- 3Combine kale and peanut oil in a large bowl. Using your hands, massage the oil into the kale to soften. Add zucchini, half the mint and half the dressing to kale; toss gently to combine.
- 4Divide salad among plates; drizzle with remaining dressing. Serve with remaining peanuts and mint. Top with sesame seeds.
Cut out the tough centre vein from each kale leaf and discard it. A spiralizer is a kitchen gadget that cuts vegetables to resemble noodles. If you don't have one, you can coarsely grate the vegetables or use a mandoline or V-slicer. Recipe is best made close to serving.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Our best Italian recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Lemon chicken casseroleYesterday 1:00pm
- 29 American-style diner recipes for weekend entertainingYesterday 6:23am
- Cinnamon doughnutsYesterday 4:17am
- Chicken cacciatoreYesterday 3:00am
- Chilli jamYesterday 2:14am
- Garlic breadYesterday 1:00am
- 10 classic recipes to master once and for allYesterday 12:51am
- Chocolate cupcake thickshakeYesterday 12:39am
- Our unbeatable lemon curd recipeJan 18, 2022
- Quinoa zucchini haloumi burgersJan 18, 2022
- BaklavaJan 18, 2022
- Chocolate hazelnut sliceJan 18, 2022
- Chocolate fudge browniesJan 18, 2022