- 4 medium_piece (480g) zucchini grated coarsely
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium_piece (150g) brown onion chopped finely
- 3/4 cup (45g) stale breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cup (560g) thick greek-style yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 (130g) lebanese cucumber
- 2 tablespoon fresh mint, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1To make tzatziki, line a sieve with absorbent paper. Add yogurt, place over a bowl. Cover, refrigerate at least 4 hours. Halve cucumber length-ways, remove seeds. Coarsely grate flesh and skin. Squeeze out excess liquid. Combine yogurt, cucumber, garlic, mint and juice in medium bowl.
- 2Combine zucchini and salt. Stand 15 minutes, then squeeze out excess liquid. Combine zucchini with onion, breadcrumbs, egg, oregano and mint.
- 3Preheat oven to very slow (120ºC/100ºC fan-forced).
- 4Heat oil in non-stick frying pan over medium heat, drop in tablespoonfuls of zucchini mixture, flatten slightly; cook until browned lightly both sides and cooked through. Transfer to oven tray, place in very slow oven to keep warm. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- 5Serve fritters with tzatziki.
Fritters can be made several hours ahead. TZATZIKI Line a sieve with absorbent paper. Add yogurt, place over a bowl. Cover, refrigerate at least 4 hours. Halve cucumber lengthways; remove seeds. Coarsely grate flesh and skin. Squeeze out excess liquid. Combine yogurt, cucumber, garlic, mint and juice in medium bowl.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chicken satay skewers with crunchy saladJan 14, 2021
- Grilled vegetable and ricotta stackJan 14, 2021
- Lemon sliceJan 14, 2021
- Acai breakfast bowlJan 14, 2021
- LabneJan 14, 2021
- Classic mashed potatoesJan 14, 2021
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpJan 14, 2021
- Canned tuna recipesJan 14, 2021
- Spiced fish tacos with slaw and avocado creamJan 14, 2021
- No-bake Mars Bar sliceJan 14, 2021
- Baba ghanoushJan 13, 2021
- Mince and rice stuffed capsicumsJan 13, 2021
- The ultimate collection of tasty dipsJan 13, 2021
- ShortbreadJan 13, 2021