- 2 zucchini (240g), grated coarsely
- 1/3 cup (35g) packaged breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 green onion, sliced thinly
- 1 egg white, beaten lightly
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- cooking-oil spray
- 1 brown onion (200g), sliced thinly
- 4 green oak leaf lettuce leaves
- 1 fresh beetroot (100g), peeled, grated coarsely
- 2 tablespoon tomato relish
- 2 hamburger buns (180g), split, toasted
- 1Place zucchini in strainer; squeeze excess water from zucchini. Combine zucchini, breadcrumbs, cheese, green onion, egg white and parsley in medium bowl; season. Shape mixture into two patties.
- 2Spray medium frying pan with cooking oil; cook brown onion, stirring, about 10 minutes or until browned lightly. Remove from pan.
- 3Cook patties in same pan until browned both sides and heated through.
- 4Sandwich lettuce, patties, onion, beetroot and relish between bun halves.
Use disposable gloves when handling beetroot to stop it staining your hands. If taking to work, pack patties, vegies, bun and relish separately; reheat the patties in a microwave oven on high (100%) for about 1½ minutes before assembling.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpYesterday 1:00pm
- Kung pao chickenYesterday 1:00pm
- Vegan dulce de lecheYesterday 1:00pm
- Tom yum soupYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make a classic béarnaise sauceFeb 22, 2021
- Basic omeletteFeb 22, 2021
- All of our best nachos recipesFeb 22, 2021
- Delicious savoury crepes and pancakesFeb 22, 2021
- 20 baking ideas with cranberriesFeb 22, 2021
- 30 minced recipesFeb 22, 2021
- Easy recipe ideas using chicken thighsFeb 22, 2021
- Nasi lemakFeb 22, 2021
- Savoury buckwheat pancakesFeb 22, 2021
- Mini caramelised onion and prosciutto meatloavesFeb 22, 2021
- Hollandaise sauceFeb 22, 2021