- 2 zucchini (240g), grated coarsely
- 1/3 cup (35g) packaged breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 green onion, sliced thinly
- 1 egg white, beaten lightly
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- cooking-oil spray
- 1 brown onion (200g), sliced thinly
- 4 green oak leaf lettuce leaves
- 1 fresh beetroot (100g), peeled, grated coarsely
- 2 tablespoon tomato relish
- 2 hamburger buns (180g), split, toasted
- 1Place zucchini in strainer; squeeze excess water from zucchini. Combine zucchini, breadcrumbs, cheese, green onion, egg white and parsley in medium bowl; season. Shape mixture into two patties.
- 2Spray medium frying pan with cooking oil; cook brown onion, stirring, about 10 minutes or until browned lightly. Remove from pan.
- 3Cook patties in same pan until browned both sides and heated through.
- 4Sandwich lettuce, patties, onion, beetroot and relish between bun halves.
Use disposable gloves when handling beetroot to stop it staining your hands. If taking to work, pack patties, vegies, bun and relish separately; reheat the patties in a microwave oven on high (100%) for about 1½ minutes before assembling.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 20 indulgent dark chocolate recipesYesterday 9:16pm
- Embrace eggplant with these tasty recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Chopped tomato salad with sesame saltYesterday 1:00pm
- 14 tantalising tiramisu recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Flourless chocolate, prune & hazelnut cakeYesterday 1:00pm
- Dark chocolate mud cakeYesterday 1:00pm
- Sesame chicken katsu saladFeb 13, 2020
- How to: BarbecueFeb 13, 2020
- Apricot and tahini bliss ballsFeb 13, 2020
- Choc-nut brownie ballsFeb 13, 2020
- Vegetable gado gado with peanut sauceFeb 13, 2020
- Loaded potato saladFeb 13, 2020
- Shepherdless pieFeb 13, 2020