- 2 zucchini (240g), grated coarsely
- 1/3 cup (35g) packaged breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 green onion, sliced thinly
- 1 egg white, beaten lightly
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- cooking-oil spray
- 1 brown onion (200g), sliced thinly
- 4 green oak leaf lettuce leaves
- 1 fresh beetroot (100g), peeled, grated coarsely
- 2 tablespoon tomato relish
- 2 hamburger buns (180g), split, toasted
- 1Place zucchini in strainer; squeeze excess water from zucchini. Combine zucchini, breadcrumbs, cheese, green onion, egg white and parsley in medium bowl; season. Shape mixture into two patties.
- 2Spray medium frying pan with cooking oil; cook brown onion, stirring, about 10 minutes or until browned lightly. Remove from pan.
- 3Cook patties in same pan until browned both sides and heated through.
- 4Sandwich lettuce, patties, onion, beetroot and relish between bun halves.
Use disposable gloves when handling beetroot to stop it staining your hands. If taking to work, pack patties, vegies, bun and relish separately; reheat the patties in a microwave oven on high (100%) for about 1½ minutes before assembling.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate chip cookiesToday 1:21am
- Pulled salmon tortillas with red cabbage slawYesterday 2:00pm
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasYesterday 2:00pm
- Corned beef and red cabbage sandwichYesterday 2:00pm
- Potato and leek soupYesterday 2:00pm
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Miso noodle hotpotYesterday 2:00pm
- Mini chicken and leek piesYesterday 2:00pm
- Cheesy polenta and sausage bakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Savoury pie recipes that will feed the familyYesterday 4:02am
- Easy risotto recipesJun 19, 2021
- Our best pancakes recipeJun 19, 2021
- 23 luscious lamb recipes for your slow cookerJun 19, 2021
- 31 perfect pot pies for easy dinnersJun 19, 2021
- Indian roasted tomatoes, chickpeas and chilliJun 19, 2021