- 2 zucchini (240g), grated coarsely
- 1/3 cup (35g) packaged breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 green onion, sliced thinly
- 1 egg white, beaten lightly
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- cooking-oil spray
- 1 brown onion (200g), sliced thinly
- 4 green oak leaf lettuce leaves
- 1 fresh beetroot (100g), peeled, grated coarsely
- 2 tablespoon tomato relish
- 2 hamburger buns (180g), split, toasted
- 1Place zucchini in strainer; squeeze excess water from zucchini. Combine zucchini, breadcrumbs, cheese, green onion, egg white and parsley in medium bowl; season. Shape mixture into two patties.
- 2Spray medium frying pan with cooking oil; cook brown onion, stirring, about 10 minutes or until browned lightly. Remove from pan.
- 3Cook patties in same pan until browned both sides and heated through.
- 4Sandwich lettuce, patties, onion, beetroot and relish between bun halves.
Use disposable gloves when handling beetroot to stop it staining your hands. If taking to work, pack patties, vegies, bun and relish separately; reheat the patties in a microwave oven on high (100%) for about 1½ minutes before assembling.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Seeded pumpkin breadYesterday 1:00pm
- Apple crumbleYesterday 1:00pm
- White chocolate, raspberry and macadamia blondiesYesterday 1:00pm
- Gluten-free banana breadYesterday 1:00pm
- Fresh tomato pizzettasYesterday 1:00pm
- 28 mango recipes for dessertYesterday 1:00pm
- Basic hummusOct 20, 2021
- Roti canai flatbreadOct 20, 2021
- Custard tartOct 20, 2021
- Our best hummus recipesOct 20, 2021
- How to start a food blogOct 20, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeOct 20, 2021
- 34 marvellous meatball recipesOct 20, 2021
- Peaches and cream pieOct 20, 2021
- Vietnamese chicken pho recipeOct 19, 2021