- 2 zucchini (240g), grated coarsely
- 1/3 cup (35g) packaged breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 green onion, sliced thinly
- 1 egg white, beaten lightly
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- cooking-oil spray
- 1 brown onion (200g), sliced thinly
- 4 green oak leaf lettuce leaves
- 1 fresh beetroot (100g), peeled, grated coarsely
- 2 tablespoon tomato relish
- 2 hamburger buns (180g), split, toasted
- 1Place zucchini in strainer; squeeze excess water from zucchini. Combine zucchini, breadcrumbs, cheese, green onion, egg white and parsley in medium bowl; season. Shape mixture into two patties.
- 2Spray medium frying pan with cooking oil; cook brown onion, stirring, about 10 minutes or until browned lightly. Remove from pan.
- 3Cook patties in same pan until browned both sides and heated through.
- 4Sandwich lettuce, patties, onion, beetroot and relish between bun halves.
Use disposable gloves when handling beetroot to stop it staining your hands. If taking to work, pack patties, vegies, bun and relish separately; reheat the patties in a microwave oven on high (100%) for about 1½ minutes before assembling.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic sconesYesterday 12:35am
- Rocky roadOct 22, 2020
- Our best homemade sausage rollsOct 22, 2020
- Beautiful buttermilk pancakesOct 22, 2020
- Chinese omelettesOct 22, 2020
- Sausage rollsOct 22, 2020
- Traditional shortbreadOct 22, 2020
- Strawberry & almond friand sliceOct 22, 2020
- Sticky glazed slow-roast pork neckOct 22, 2020
- Roast vegetable terrineOct 22, 2020
- Morning and afternoon tea recipesOct 22, 2020
- Fruit mince piesOct 22, 2020
- Roast pumpkin and couscous saladOct 22, 2020
- Lemon and sugar pancakesOct 22, 2020
- Roast pumpkin, spinach and feta saladOct 22, 2020
- Curried pasta saladOct 22, 2020