- 1 cup (220g) risoni
- 500 grams zucchini, grated (see notes)
- ½ teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 250 grams haloumi, grated coarsely
- 4 green onions, chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ⅓ cup (25g) finely grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 4 eggs, beaten lightly
- ½ cup (75g) self-raising flour
- 1Cook risoni in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 8 minutes or until just tender. Drain; cool.
- 2Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan. Grease a 20cm x 30cm slice pan; line with baking paper, extending paper 5cm over long sides.
- 3Squeeze as much liquid from zucchini as possible; transfer to a large bowl. Add risoni, rind, half the haloumi, the green onion, garlic, parmesan, parsley and egg; stir to combine. Add flour; stir well to combine. Season.
- 4Pour mixture into pan, smoothing surface; scatter with remaining haloumi. Bake for 45 minutes or until firm, golden and cooked through. Cool in pan for 15 minutes. Cut into eight pieces.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- What you can cook in your air fryerNov 30, 2021
- Christmas tree shortbreadsNov 30, 2021
- Jam shortbread snowflakesNov 30, 2021
- Lemon chickenNov 30, 2021
- Lemon chicken rissolesNov 30, 2021
- No-bake Mars Bar sliceNov 30, 2021
- White choc-mint candy cane barkNov 30, 2021
- Chocolate and cherry bombe alaskaNov 29, 2021
- Four ways with stuffingNov 29, 2021
- Festive walnut shortbreadNov 29, 2021
- Our best-ever chicken burgerNov 29, 2021
- 20 salad recipes to serve with Christmas lunchNov 29, 2021
- Coconut riceNov 29, 2021