- 2 200g fresh crumbed chicken schnitzels
- 2 teaspoon za'atar (see tips)
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoon honey
- 1 clove honey
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 6 trimmed red radished (90g), sliced thinly
- 125 gram chery tomatoes, halved
- 1 lebanese cucumber (130g), chopped coarsely
- 400 gram canned chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 lemon wedges
- 2 pitta breads
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Place schnitzel on tray, sprinkle with za'atar. Bake for 12 minutes or until golden. Stand for 5 minutes then slice thickly.
- 3Meanwhile, combine vinegar, oil, honey and garlic in a large bowl; season. Add radish, tomato, cucumber, chickpeas and mint; toss gently to combine.
- 4Serve salad with schnitzel, lemon wedges and pitta bread.
For a vegetarian option, sprinkle haloumi slices with za'atar and pan-fry over medium heat for 1 minute each side. Za'atar is a Middle Eastern spice blend often containing thyme, sumac, sesame seeds and salt. It is available from major supermarkets and delis. To make your own, combine 1 teaspoon dried thyme with ½ teaspoon lightly crushed sesame seeds and ¼ teaspoon each sumac and salt.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Piri piri chickenDec 02, 2021
- Embrace eggplant with these 34 tasty recipesDec 02, 2021
- Roasted cauliflower with miso glazeDec 02, 2021
- Chocolate fig panforteDec 02, 2021
- Christmas candy cane sliceDec 02, 2021
- Christmas dinners that aren't Christmas hamDec 01, 2021
- 20 salad recipes to serve with Christmas lunchDec 01, 2021
- 34 quick and indulgent treats for ChristmasDec 01, 2021
- What you can cook in your air fryerNov 30, 2021
- 34 breakfast ideas for Christmas morningNov 30, 2021
- 27 sensational stone fruit desserts for summerNov 30, 2021
- Christmas tree shortbreadsNov 30, 2021
- Jam shortbread snowflakesNov 30, 2021