- 2 sheets ready-rolled puff pastry
- 2/3 cup strawberry jam
- 300 millilitre carton thickened cream
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon milk, approximately
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 3 teaspoon milk, approximately
- 1Bake pastry sheets on un-greased oven trays in moderately hot oven for about 10 minutes, or until sheets are lightly browned and puffed. Turn onto a wire rack and cool, smooth sides up.
- 2To make the lemon icing, sift icing sugar into a small bowl, stirring in the lemon juice and enough milk to make spreadable.
- 3To make the chocolate icing, sift the icing sugar and cocoa into another small bowl and stir in enough milk to make spreadable.
- 4Spread the jam over smooth side of one sheet of pastry. Beat cream in a small bowl until soft peaks form; spread over the top of the jam, and top with remaining sheet of pastry, pressing down lightly.
- 5Working quickly, spread the pastry with lemon icing.
- 6Place the chocolate icing in a piping bag fitted with a small plain tube; pipe chocolate at 2cm intervals over the top of the lemon icing. For a feather effect, run a skewer in the opposite direction across the lines of icing at 2cm intervals.
- 7Cut into rectangles with a serrated or electric knife when set.
This recipe can be made a day ahead; to store, cover and refrigerate. This recipes is not suitable for freezing or microwaving.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Tamarind beef stir fry with kohlrabi saladYesterday 11:40pm
- Kohlrabi & sweet potato rosti with cashew dipYesterday 7:08am
- Delicious recipes to try in your Kmart pie makerYesterday 12:05am
- Beef curry with turmeric rice and coconut sambalJun 14, 2019
- Banana cake recipesJun 14, 2019
- Beef curry recipesJun 14, 2019
- Fabulous frittata recipesJun 13, 2019
- 10 perfect puff pastry recipesJun 12, 2019
- 10 easy risotto recipesJun 11, 2019
- Quiche LorraineJun 06, 2019
- Vegetarian nachosJun 06, 2019
- Quince recipesJun 06, 2019
- Fried rice recipesJun 06, 2019
- Roasted chickpeas & beansJun 05, 2019
- 14 cheeky chickpea recipesJun 05, 2019