- 2 sheets ready-rolled puff pastry
- 2/3 cup strawberry jam
- 300 millilitre carton thickened cream
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon milk, approximately
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 3 teaspoon milk, approximately
- 1Bake pastry sheets on un-greased oven trays in moderately hot oven for about 10 minutes, or until sheets are lightly browned and puffed. Turn onto a wire rack and cool, smooth sides up.
- 2To make the lemon icing, sift icing sugar into a small bowl, stirring in the lemon juice and enough milk to make spreadable.
- 3To make the chocolate icing, sift the icing sugar and cocoa into another small bowl and stir in enough milk to make spreadable.
- 4Spread the jam over smooth side of one sheet of pastry. Beat cream in a small bowl until soft peaks form; spread over the top of the jam, and top with remaining sheet of pastry, pressing down lightly.
- 5Working quickly, spread the pastry with lemon icing.
- 6Place the chocolate icing in a piping bag fitted with a small plain tube; pipe chocolate at 2cm intervals over the top of the lemon icing. For a feather effect, run a skewer in the opposite direction across the lines of icing at 2cm intervals.
- 7Cut into rectangles with a serrated or electric knife when set.
This recipe can be made a day ahead; to store, cover and refrigerate. This recipes is not suitable for freezing or microwaving.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Vegetarian lasagne recipesSep 11, 2019
- Juice recipes to rival those bought in-storeSep 11, 2019
- Jerk fish & slaw salad cupsSep 10, 2019
- Mixed berry and ricotta tartSep 10, 2019
- Chicken, burghul & pomegranate saladSep 09, 2019
- Fudgy choc-cherry biscuitsSep 06, 2019
- Flourless chocolate hazelnut cakeSep 06, 2019
- Potato bakeSep 06, 2019
- Spinach dip cob loafSep 06, 2019
- Quiche LorraineSep 05, 2019
- Fettuccine carbonaraSep 05, 2019
- Easy four-cheese pieSep 05, 2019
- Sandwich ideas that are a little bit fancySep 05, 2019