- 1/2 cup currants
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 1/2 cup (240g) sultanas
- 3 cup caster sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoon water, approximately
- caster sugar, extra
- 1Grease a26cm x 32cm Swiss roll pan. Blend or process fruit until chopped.
- 2Sift flour into a bowl, rub in butter and stir in sugar. Add yolks and enough water to mix to a soft dough. Turn dough onto lightly floured surface, knead lightly until smooth; cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 3Divide pastry in half; roll one portion between sheets of greaseproof paper that are large enough to fit the base of the prepared pan. Spread with fruit; cover with remaining pastry and press all over with your hand to join the slice.
- 4Trim the edges and score into rectangles through top layer of pastry; brush with a little water, sprinkle with a little extra sugar and prick with a fork.
- 5Bake in a moderately hot oven for 10 minutes; reduce heat to moderate and bake for a further 30 minutes or until browned. Cut slice while hot and cool in pan.
This recipe can be made a week ahead. Store in an airtight container. This recipe is suitable for freezing but not for microwaving.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Juice recipes to rival those bought in-storeToday 3:00am
- 40 cauliflower recipesYesterday 11:29pm
- 20 of our tastiest savoury tartsYesterday 2:00pm
- Roast chicken with herb stuffingYesterday 2:00pm
- 40 warming sweet and savoury recipes for your pressure cookerYesterday 2:00pm
- Make these beef taco pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- Make butter chicken roti pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- Custard tartJul 22, 2021
- 20 beautiful bundt cakesJul 22, 2021
- How to make custard tarts in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- How to make apple pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- How to make Aussie meat pies in the pie makerJul 22, 2021