Winter vegie bowl
- 800 gram jap pumpkin, unpeeled, cut into thin wedges
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 450 gram packaged microwavable brown rice
- 120 gram green kale, stalks removed
- 160 gram mild blue cheese, cut into 4 wedges
- 1/2 cup (50g) roasted walnuts, chopped coarsely
- 2 tablespoon pepitas (pumpkin seed kernels), toasted
- 2 tablespoon linseeds, toasted
Parsley and shallot dressing
- 1 shallot (25g), chopped finely
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1/3 cup (80ml) white wine vinegar
Winter vegie bowl
- 1Pre-heat oven to 200°C. Line a large oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Place pumpkin on tray; drizzle with oil. Season. Roast for 30 minutes or until tender and golden.
- 3Meanwhile, place eggs in a saucepan of cold water. Bring to the boil; boil eggs for 4 minutes. Drain. Place eggs under cold running water until cool enough to handle. Peel eggs; halve length-ways.
- 4Make parsley and shallot dressing: Combine ingredients in a small bowl. Season.
- 5Heat rice according to packet instructions.
- 6Thinly slice kale leaves; place in a large bowl with half the dressing. Using your hands, gently massage dressing into kale to soften the leaves.
- 7Place kale and rice in serving bowls; top with pumpkin, eggs and cheese. Sprinkle with walnuts and seeds; drizzle with remaining dressing.
Recipe can be prepared ahead of time; add dressing just before serving. If you're following a vegetarian diet, check labels carefully for non-animal rennet cheeses, which are now widely available in supermarkets.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- RatatouilleToday 6:11am
- Sugar-free recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Easy cheesecake slicesYesterday 2:00pm
- 20 traditional Australian recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Dark and dreamy chocolate cakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Melting momentsAug 09, 2020
- Chai-roasted pumpkin soup with honey walnutsAug 09, 2020
- 20 Australian biscuits from our childhoodsAug 09, 2020
- Lemon curd and poppy seed crêpe cakeAug 09, 2020
- 15 sweet and savoury scrollsAug 09, 2020
- White sauceAug 09, 2020
- Beef stroganoffAug 09, 2020
- Yorkshire puddings with gravyAug 09, 2020
- How to make basic sconesAug 09, 2020
- 20 ways with lemon curdAug 09, 2020