Winter vegie bowl
- 800 gram jap pumpkin, unpeeled, cut into thin wedges
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 450 gram packaged microwavable brown rice
- 120 gram green kale, stalks removed
- 160 gram mild blue cheese, cut into 4 wedges
- 1/2 cup (50g) roasted walnuts, chopped coarsely
- 2 tablespoon pepitas (pumpkin seed kernels), toasted
- 2 tablespoon linseeds, toasted
Parsley and shallot dressing
- 1 shallot (25g), chopped finely
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1/3 cup (80ml) white wine vinegar
Winter vegie bowl
- 1Pre-heat oven to 200°C. Line a large oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Place pumpkin on tray; drizzle with oil. Season. Roast for 30 minutes or until tender and golden.
- 3Meanwhile, place eggs in a saucepan of cold water. Bring to the boil; boil eggs for 4 minutes. Drain. Place eggs under cold running water until cool enough to handle. Peel eggs; halve length-ways.
- 4Make parsley and shallot dressing: Combine ingredients in a small bowl. Season.
- 5Heat rice according to packet instructions.
- 6Thinly slice kale leaves; place in a large bowl with half the dressing. Using your hands, gently massage dressing into kale to soften the leaves.
- 7Place kale and rice in serving bowls; top with pumpkin, eggs and cheese. Sprinkle with walnuts and seeds; drizzle with remaining dressing.
Recipe can be prepared ahead of time; add dressing just before serving. If you're following a vegetarian diet, check labels carefully for non-animal rennet cheeses, which are now widely available in supermarkets.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsJan 25, 2020
- Lamington popsJan 25, 2020
- Churros with hot chocolateJan 16, 2020
- Ricotta cheesecake with mangoJan 16, 2020
- Bourbon & molasses barbecue sauceJan 16, 2020
- Passionfruit cheesecake sliceJan 15, 2020
- Paprika chicken with chilli sauceJan 15, 2020
- Crab and zucchini spaghettiJan 15, 2020
- Quick three-cheese frittataJan 15, 2020
- Prawn cocktail platterJan 15, 2020
- Chicken skewers with green olive dressingJan 15, 2020
- Three-ingredient plum tartJan 15, 2020
- Linguine with garlic prawnsJan 15, 2020
- Lamb kofta with yoghurtJan 15, 2020
- Scone recipesJan 15, 2020