Winter vegetable casserole
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 red onions, thin wedges
- 500 gram butternut pumpkin, peeled, 2cm pieces
- 350 gram celeriac, peeled, 2cm pieces
- 1 fennel bulb, thin wedges
- 3 small kumara, peeled, wedges
- 4 cup vegetable stock
- 400 gram can cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- cheesy toast (see tip), to serve
- 2 cup basil leaves, plus extra to serve
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoon water
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
Winter vegetable casserole with chunky pesto
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a large oven tray with baking paper.
- 2In a large casserole dish, heat oil on high. Saute onion for 2-3 minutes until tender. Add all remaining vegetables.
- 3Stir stock, tomato and vinegar through. Bake, covered, for 1 hour until vegetables are tender and sauce is slightly thickened. Season to taste.
- 4Meanwhile to make pesto; in a small food processor pulse all ingredients together until combined. Season to taste.
- 5Top with pesto and serve accompanied with cheesy toasts (see tip).
For cheesy toast, spray 4 slices of sourdough bread with oil. Place on oven tray, scatter with grated parmesan. Bake for 8-10 minutes at 200°C.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsToday 8:00pm
- Lamington popsToday 1:00pm
- Roast pumpkin dip with spiced chickpeasYesterday 1:00pm
- Roasted vegetable salad with garlic mustard dressingYesterday 1:00pm
- Sticky wing with sesame saltYesterday 1:00pm
- Korean-style barbecued chicken riceYesterday 1:00pm
- How to bake basic damper while campingYesterday 1:00pm
- Salmon and potato salad with mustardy dressingYesterday 1:00pm
- "Eat your greens" chicken saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Sticky pork with sweet and sour saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Beet and black bean burgerYesterday 1:00pm
- Green minestrone with pestoYesterday 1:00pm
- Szechuan-style chilli eggplantYesterday 1:00pm
- Paper cup popsiclesYesterday 1:00pm
- Grilled cajun fish burgers with hot coriander sauceYesterday 12:46am