Wholegrain pizza marinara
- 1 fresh long red chilli, chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon rice bran oil
- 4 peeled medium king prawns (shrimp) (90g)
- 2 whole cleaned baby octopus (180g), halved lengthways
- 100 gram cherry tomatoes, halved
- 25 gram baby rocket leaves (arugula)
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, extra
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoon cracked buckwheat
- boiling water, to cover buckwheat
- 1/4 cup (60ml) warm water
- 1/4 teaspoon caster (superfine) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried yeast
- 1/3 cup (55g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1/3 cup (60g) wholemeal plain (all-purpose) flour
Wholegrain pizza marinara
- 1Combine chilli, garlic, rind, parsley and oil in a small bowl, season with black pepper to taste. Divide garlic mixture in half; refrigerate one half of the mixture, covered. Combine remaining garlic mixture with prawns and octopus. Cover, refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
- 2To make dough, place buckwheat in a small heatproof bowl; cover with boiling water. Stand, covered for 30 minutes. Rinse under cold water; drain. Combine the warm water, sugar and yeast in a small jug, cover; stand in a warm place for 10 minutes or until frothy. Combine buckwheat and sifted flours in a medium bowl. Add yeast mixture; mix to a soft dough. Knead dough on a floured surface for 5 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Place dough in an oiled medium bowl. Cover; stand in a warm place for 45 minutes or until doubled in size. Halve dough. Roll each half into 15cm rounds; place on trays.
- 3Meanwhile, preheat oven to 220°C. Lightly grease two large oven trays.
- 4Bake pizza bases for 8 minutes or until partially cooked. Top with seafood mixture and tomato. Bake pizzas for a further 10 minutes or until bases are crisp and seafood is just cooked, drizzle with reserved garlic mixture.
- 5Combine rocket, parsley and juice in a small bowl; season with pepper to taste.
- 6Top pizzas with rocket mixture; serve immediately.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Coconut, tomato and lentil soupJan 20, 2022
- 30 sweet slice recipesJan 20, 2022
- Fresh tomato pizzettasJan 20, 2022
- Our best Italian recipesJan 19, 2022
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesJan 19, 2022
- Marbled cheesecake browniesJan 19, 2022
- Lemon chicken casseroleJan 19, 2022
- Lemon sliceJan 19, 2022
- Cinnamon doughnutsJan 19, 2022
- Chicken cacciatoreJan 19, 2022
- Chilli jamJan 19, 2022
- Garlic breadJan 19, 2022
- 10 classic recipes to master once and for allJan 19, 2022