- 250 gram butter, chopped
- 200 gram white chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- chocolate curls, rose petals, to serve
- 1 cup cream
- 600 gram white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1Preheat oven to moderately slow, 160°C. Lightly grease and line a 20cm square cake pan.
- 2In a medium saucepan, combine butter, chocolate, sugar and milk. Stir over a low heat, without boiling, until smooth and combined.
- 3Sift flours together and blend into chocolate mixture with eggs and vanilla.
- 4Pour into pan. Bake 1 1/4-1 1/2 hours, until cooked when tested. Cool in pan 10 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- 5For the ganache, place cream and chocolate in a small saucepan. Stir on low heat until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Transfer to a bowl; chill, covered, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes, or until of spreadable consistency.
- 6Level cake if required using a sharp, serrated knife. Spread ganache over top and side of cake. Just before serving, pile chocolate curls on top; scatter with petals.
To make chocolate curls, melt 1 cup white chocolate melts. Cut out several 8 x 10cm squares of baking paper. Spread or pipe (in a lacy pattern) a thin layer of chocolate onto paper in an oval shape. Fold over and carefully press tips of chocolate together to create a hollow loop. Support loops on an empty egg carton while hardening; chill. Remove paper.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Prawn and vegetable Okonomiyaki - Japanese pancakeYesterday 12:58am
- Cauliflower recipesMay 06, 2021
- Old-fashioned curried sausagesMay 06, 2021
- What food is in season in May?May 06, 2021
- Baked cauliflowerMay 06, 2021
- Thai beef saladMay 06, 2021
- Perfect panna cotta recipesMay 06, 2021
- Sensational sweet tartsMay 06, 2021
- Apple turnoversMay 06, 2021
- Lemon meringue pieMay 06, 2021
- Fruit mince sliceMay 06, 2021
- Tasty treats for Mother's Day morning teaMay 05, 2021
- Delicious breakfast recipes for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Pizza dough and basic tomato sauceMay 04, 2021
- Star anise, soy and beer-braised beef shinMay 04, 2021