- 250 gram butter, chopped
- 200 gram white chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- chocolate curls, rose petals, to serve
- 1 cup cream
- 600 gram white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1Preheat oven to moderately slow, 160°C. Lightly grease and line a 20cm square cake pan.
- 2In a medium saucepan, combine butter, chocolate, sugar and milk. Stir over a low heat, without boiling, until smooth and combined.
- 3Sift flours together and blend into chocolate mixture with eggs and vanilla.
- 4Pour into pan. Bake 1 1/4-1 1/2 hours, until cooked when tested. Cool in pan 10 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- 5For the ganache, place cream and chocolate in a small saucepan. Stir on low heat until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Transfer to a bowl; chill, covered, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes, or until of spreadable consistency.
- 6Level cake if required using a sharp, serrated knife. Spread ganache over top and side of cake. Just before serving, pile chocolate curls on top; scatter with petals.
To make chocolate curls, melt 1 cup white chocolate melts. Cut out several 8 x 10cm squares of baking paper. Spread or pipe (in a lacy pattern) a thin layer of chocolate onto paper in an oval shape. Fold over and carefully press tips of chocolate together to create a hollow loop. Support loops on an empty egg carton while hardening; chill. Remove paper.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Homemade mint sauceToday 1:00am
- Roast pork with apple sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaYesterday 1:00pm
- Savoury apple sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- MayonnaiseYesterday 1:00pm
- 32 amazing ways with applesYesterday 1:00pm
- Roast chicken with herb stuffingYesterday 1:00pm
- Jerk chickensYesterday 1:00pm
- Delicious pasta salad recipes to look forward toOct 14, 2021
- Ice blocks and popsicles to cool you downOct 14, 2021
- Quiche LorraineOct 13, 2021
- Mixed berry crumbleOct 13, 2021
- Orange cake recipe collectionOct 13, 2021