A classic festive dessert, this beautiful white chocolate Christmas slice is packed full of the sweetness of dried fruit and the crunch of fresh nuts. Wrap in coloured cellophane for a thoughtful gift.
Try sour cream and roasted almond white Christmas if you're looking for a grown-up version with dried sour cherries, citrus rind and a hit of liqueur.
- 500 gram white chocolate, chopped coarsely
- 1 cup (35g) rice bubbles
- 1 cup (160g) sultanas
- 1 cup (140g) macadamias, roasted, chopped coarsely
- 1 cup (160g) dried apricots, finely chopped
- 1 cup (130g) dried sweetened cranberries
- 3/4 cup (105g) pistachios, roasted, chopped coarsely
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1Grease a 20cm x 30cm rectangular slice pan; line base and long sides with baking paper, extending paper 5cm over sides.
- 2In a large heatproof bowl over a large saucepan of simmering water (do not let water touch base of bowl), melt chocolate. Remove from heat; quickly stir in remaining ingredients.
- 3Press mixture firmly into pan. Refrigerate for 2 hours, or until firm.
- 4Cut into about 32 pieces to serve.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Barbecued corn, spinach and avocado saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Roast beetroot and goat’s cheese terrineYesterday 1:00pm
- Coffee wreath (with chocolate sauce)Yesterday 1:00pm
- Turkey with apricot & hazelnut stuffingYesterday 1:00pm
- Crispy roast potatoes with rosemary saltYesterday 1:00pm
- Nutella cheesecakeYesterday 1:00pm
- White Christmas sliceYesterday 12:56am
- Dark plum jamDec 04, 2019
- Oysters with pink & green mignonette dressingsDec 04, 2019
- Ice-cream Christmas pudding logDec 04, 2019
- Herb-brined turkey breast in pancettaDec 04, 2019
- Coconut banana stacked cakeDec 03, 2019
- 2-in-1 basic fruit mixDec 02, 2019
- Prawn and mango saladDec 02, 2019
- Cocktail sauceDec 02, 2019