- 6 eggs
- ⅔ cup (150g) caster (superfine) sugar
- ½ cup (75g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- ½ cup (75g) self-raising flour
- ¼ cup (35g) cornflour
- 60 grams fresh raspberries
- 4 cups (640g) icing (confectoiners') sugar
- ½ cup (125ml) milk
- 2 cups (160g) desiccated coconut
- 125 grams white chocolate, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons thickened (heavy) cream
- 10 grams unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespon caster (superfine) sugar
- ¼ cup (60ml) thickened (heavy) cream, whipped, extra
- 1Make white chocolate mousse.
- 2Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F. Grease a deep 22cm square cake pan well with butter; line base and sides with baking paper, extending the paper 5cm above sides.
- 3Beat eggs and caster sugar in a bowl with the electric mixer for 10 minutes or until thick and creamy.
- 4Meanwhile, sift flours twice, then sift a third time over egg mixture; fold ingredients together. Spread mixture into pan.
- 5Bake sponge for 35 minutes. Turn the sponge immediately onto a baking-paper-covered wire rack, then turn, top-side up, to cool.
- 6Blend or process raspberries until smooth. Strain through a fine sieve into a medium heatproof bowl; discard solids. Sift icing sugar into bowl with raspberry puree; stir in milk. Stir over a medium saucepan of simmering water until icing is of a coating consistency.
- 7Cut sponge into 25 squares. Dip a square of sponge into icing, drain off excess; toss sponge in coconut. Place lamington on a wire rack to set. Repeat with remaining sponge, icing and coconut.
- 8Split each lamington in half; sandwich with mousse.
Stir chocolate and cream in a small heatproof bowl over a small saucepan of simmering water until smooth. Remove from heat; stir in butter. Beat egg and sugar in a small bowl with an electric mixer until pale and thick; fold egg mixture then extra cream into chocolate mixture. Cover; refrigerate overnight.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easy hot cross bunsToday 5:00pm
- Salted honeycombToday 1:00pm
- Tuna mornayToday 12:00am
- Flourless cakesYesterday 11:39pm
- White sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- Dinner date recipes to impressYesterday 5:50am
- The big chocolate cookieYesterday 5:26am
- Princess-themed birthday cakesYesterday 3:28am
- 100 years of Australian dinnersYesterday 1:19am
- Vietnamese lemongrass chicken bowlMar 30, 2020
- Coconut dessert recipesMar 30, 2020
- Fast dessertsMar 30, 2020
- Lebanese recipesMar 30, 2020
- Cheesy tuna pasta bakeMar 30, 2020
- Our unbeatable lemon curd recipeMar 30, 2020
- Quick versions of your favourite dessert recipesMar 30, 2020