- 100 gram unsalted butter, chopped coarsely
- 100 gram white chocolate, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 1/3 cup (80ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (75g) plain flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup (75g) self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 1/4 cup (60ml) passionfruit pulp
- 100 gram white chocolate, melted
- 375 gram white chocolate melts, melted
- paddle pop sticks (see notes)
- 2 tablespoon passionfruit pulp
- 1/2 cup (80g) icing sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 160°C (140°C fan-forced). Grease a 20cm x 30cm rectangular pan; line base with baking paper, extend paper 5cm over long sides.
- 2In a medium saucepan stir butter, chocolate, sugar and milk over low heat for 1-3 minutes, or until smooth. Transfer mixture to a medium bowl; cool for 10 minutes. Whisk in flours, then egg. Spread mixture into pan.
- 3Bake for about 30 minutes. Stand cake for 10 minutes before turning, top-side up, onto wire rack to cool.
- 4Using hands, crumble the cake into a large bowl; stir in pulp and chocolate. Shape rounded tablespoons of mixture into balls, squeezing firmly; place on tray. Cover; refrigerate for 4 hours.
- 5Push one lollypop stick about half-way into each cake ball. Working quickly, dip cake balls in melted chocolate melts. Stand at room temperature until set.
- 6Meanwhile, to make passionfruit icing: Strain pulp through a fine sieve into a small bowl; discard seeds. Add sugar; mix well.
- 7Spoon icing into piping bag fitted with small plain tube. Pipe icing over popcakes. Stand at room temperature until set. Serve.
You need to press the cake mixture into balls using your hands, do not roll as the mixture will crumble. You will need 25 lollypop or paddle pop sticks for this recipe. When dipping the popcakes in chocolate, tilt the bowl of chocolate to one side, so the chocolate is deep enough to completely coat balls and a bit of the stick in chocolate, to ensure the balls don't fall off the sticks. Push the sticks of the popcakes into the top of a cardboard egg carton to dry.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Kale recipes you'll go crazy forYesterday 6:49am
- Cauliflower 'fried rice' with mushrooms and hamYesterday 3:49am
- Cauliflower recipesSep 27, 2020
- Easy Danish pastriesSep 27, 2020
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesSep 27, 2020
- Lamb and spinach samosasSep 27, 2020
- White sauceSep 27, 2020
- Garibaldi sliceSep 27, 2020
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesSep 27, 2020
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafSep 25, 2020
- Delicious dessert recipes with ricottaSep 24, 2020
- Spiced beef nachosSep 24, 2020
- Curried sausagesSep 24, 2020
- 25 sweet strawberry dessert recipesSep 24, 2020
- Stuffed capsicumSep 24, 2020
- 20 hearty, healthy soups to enjoySep 24, 2020