- 100 gram unsalted butter, chopped coarsely
- 100 gram white chocolate, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 1/3 cup (80ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (75g) plain flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup (75g) self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 1/4 cup (60ml) passionfruit pulp
- 100 gram white chocolate, melted
- 375 gram white chocolate melts, melted
- paddle pop sticks (see notes)
- 2 tablespoon passionfruit pulp
- 1/2 cup (80g) icing sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 160°C (140°C fan-forced). Grease a 20cm x 30cm rectangular pan; line base with baking paper, extend paper 5cm over long sides.
- 2In a medium saucepan stir butter, chocolate, sugar and milk over low heat for 1-3 minutes, or until smooth. Transfer mixture to a medium bowl; cool for 10 minutes. Whisk in flours, then egg. Spread mixture into pan.
- 3Bake for about 30 minutes. Stand cake for 10 minutes before turning, top-side up, onto wire rack to cool.
- 4Using hands, crumble the cake into a large bowl; stir in pulp and chocolate. Shape rounded tablespoons of mixture into balls, squeezing firmly; place on tray. Cover; refrigerate for 4 hours.
- 5Push one lollypop stick about half-way into each cake ball. Working quickly, dip cake balls in melted chocolate melts. Stand at room temperature until set.
- 6Meanwhile, to make passionfruit icing: Strain pulp through a fine sieve into a small bowl; discard seeds. Add sugar; mix well.
- 7Spoon icing into piping bag fitted with small plain tube. Pipe icing over popcakes. Stand at room temperature until set. Serve.
You need to press the cake mixture into balls using your hands, do not roll as the mixture will crumble. You will need 25 lollypop or paddle pop sticks for this recipe. When dipping the popcakes in chocolate, tilt the bowl of chocolate to one side, so the chocolate is deep enough to completely coat balls and a bit of the stick in chocolate, to ensure the balls don't fall off the sticks. Push the sticks of the popcakes into the top of a cardboard egg carton to dry.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 20 indulgent dark chocolate recipesYesterday 9:16pm
- Embrace eggplant with these tasty recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Chopped tomato salad with sesame saltYesterday 1:00pm
- 14 tantalising tiramisu recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Flourless chocolate, prune & hazelnut cakeYesterday 1:00pm
- Dark chocolate mud cakeYesterday 1:00pm
- Sesame chicken katsu saladFeb 13, 2020
- How to: BarbecueFeb 13, 2020
- Apricot and tahini bliss ballsFeb 13, 2020
- Choc-nut brownie ballsFeb 13, 2020
- Vegetable gado gado with peanut sauceFeb 13, 2020
- Loaded potato saladFeb 13, 2020
- Shepherdless pieFeb 13, 2020