Wheat-free macadamia Anzacs
- 1 cup (90g) rolled oats
- 2/3 cup (100g) gluten-free plain flour
- 1/3 cup (75g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (45g) coarsely chopped macadamias
- 1/3 cup (50g) sunflower seed kernels
- 80 gram olive oil margarine
- 2 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
Wheat-free macadamia anzacs
- 1Preheat the oven to 160°C (140°C fan-forced). Line 1 large oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Combine the rolled oats, flour, brown sugar, macadamias and sunflower seed kernels in a medium bowl.
- 3Combine the margarine, honey and water in small saucepan; stir over a low heat until melted. Stir in the bicarbonate of soda. Add to the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- 4Roll two rounded teaspoons of the mixture into balls. Place balls about 5cm apart on the oven tray. Using your hands, gently flatten balls to 4.5cm in diameter. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Cool on tray.
You can replace the gluten-free plain flour with regular plain flour if wheat isn't a concern. Or for nut-free biscuits, omit the macadamias.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Nectarine and almond tartFeb 21, 2019
- Sugar-free chocolate cakeFeb 20, 2019
- Easy hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Gluten-free hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Best ever choc-chip hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Chorizo and capscium savoury bread puddingFeb 13, 2019
- Caramel cheesecake sliceFeb 13, 2019
- Delicious recipes to back up your gut healthFeb 13, 2019
- Valentine's Day dinners worth staying in forFeb 12, 2019
- Turmeric dosa with green chilli potatoesFeb 10, 2019
- Healthy steamed fish and vegetable parcelsFeb 10, 2019
- Vegan tiramisuFeb 10, 2019
- Indian-style gnocchi with green veg masalaFeb 10, 2019
- Grain-free coconut granolaFeb 10, 2019
- Banana, coconut & rosemary nice-creamFeb 10, 2019