Wheat-free macadamia Anzacs
- 1 cup (90g) rolled oats
- 2/3 cup (100g) gluten-free plain flour
- 1/3 cup (75g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (45g) coarsely chopped macadamias
- 1/3 cup (50g) sunflower seed kernels
- 80 gram olive oil margarine
- 2 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
Wheat-free macadamia anzacs
- 1Preheat the oven to 160°C (140°C fan-forced). Line 1 large oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Combine the rolled oats, flour, brown sugar, macadamias and sunflower seed kernels in a medium bowl.
- 3Combine the margarine, honey and water in small saucepan; stir over a low heat until melted. Stir in the bicarbonate of soda. Add to the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- 4Roll two rounded teaspoons of the mixture into balls. Place balls about 5cm apart on the oven tray. Using your hands, gently flatten balls to 4.5cm in diameter. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Cool on tray.
You can replace the gluten-free plain flour with regular plain flour if wheat isn't a concern. Or for nut-free biscuits, omit the macadamias.