Wheat-free macadamia Anzacs
- 1 cup (90g) rolled oats
- 2/3 cup (100g) gluten-free plain flour
- 1/3 cup (75g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (45g) coarsely chopped macadamias
- 1/3 cup (50g) sunflower seed kernels
- 80 gram olive oil margarine
- 2 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
Wheat-free macadamia anzacs
- 1Preheat the oven to 160°C (140°C fan-forced). Line 1 large oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Combine the rolled oats, flour, brown sugar, macadamias and sunflower seed kernels in a medium bowl.
- 3Combine the margarine, honey and water in small saucepan; stir over a low heat until melted. Stir in the bicarbonate of soda. Add to the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- 4Roll two rounded teaspoons of the mixture into balls. Place balls about 5cm apart on the oven tray. Using your hands, gently flatten balls to 4.5cm in diameter. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Cool on tray.
You can replace the gluten-free plain flour with regular plain flour if wheat isn't a concern. Or for nut-free biscuits, omit the macadamias.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Salad of roasted beetroot with goat's cheese and walnutsYesterday 2:00pm
- Iced vovosYesterday 2:00pm
- Salmon pattiesYesterday 2:00pm
- Picnic food ideasYesterday 1:58am
- Sri Lankan potato and pea curryYesterday 1:36am
- Japanese katsu chicken curryYesterday 1:24am
- Southern fried chickenSep 15, 2021
- 27 simple risottosSep 15, 2021
- 46 perfect pea recipesSep 15, 2021
- Karaage chicken with Sriracha mayonnaiseSep 15, 2021
- Marble cakeSep 15, 2021
- Fish fingers with mushy peasSep 15, 2021
- 24 amazing ways to use the humble onionSep 14, 2021
- 32 wonderful ways with cornSep 14, 2021
- Monte Carlo biscuitsSep 14, 2021