- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 2 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- 1 kilogram kent pumpkin, peeled, cut into chunks
- 2 medium red onions, peeled, cut into wedges
- 1 bunch baby carrots, trimmed peeled
- 6 small beetroot, peeled, trimmed
- 100 gram baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced). Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- 2In a small bowl, combine honey, olive oil, vinegar and ginger. In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, onion and carrots. Pour over the dressing; toss well to coat vegetables.
- 3Arrange vegetables on one of the baking trays. Add the beetroot to the bowl with dressing; toss well. Arrange beetroot on the remaining tray. Season all vegetables with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 4Bake both trays 40 minutes, or until vegetables are cooked through.
- 5Arrange vegetables on a bed of baby spinach leaves, to serve. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave. Remember to wear rubber gloves when preparing beetroot to prevent staining your hands. Choose beetroot that are firm and unblemished. Only buy beetroot that has some of the stem remaining as any cut into the bulb will cause too much bleeding during cooking.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Blackberry parfaitToday 12:43am
- Pork silverside roast with maple-roasted vegiesYesterday 11:15pm
- Quick & easy minestroneJul 19, 2019
- Salmon parcels with kipfler potatoesJul 19, 2019
- 12 brussels sprouts recipesJul 18, 2019
- Ultimate greek saladJul 18, 2019
- Parsnip noodles with spicy lamb meatball raguJul 17, 2019
- 10 oat dessert and snack recipesJul 17, 2019
- Mint jellyJul 17, 2019
- 12 brilliant baked cheesecakesJul 17, 2019
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesJul 16, 2019
- Pickled baby beetrootJul 16, 2019
- Easy bolognese recipesJul 16, 2019
- Layered banana butterscotch cakeJul 15, 2019
- French toastJul 13, 2019