- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 2 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- 1 kilogram kent pumpkin, peeled, cut into chunks
- 2 medium red onions, peeled, cut into wedges
- 1 bunch baby carrots, trimmed peeled
- 6 small beetroot, peeled, trimmed
- 100 gram baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced). Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- 2In a small bowl, combine honey, olive oil, vinegar and ginger. In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, onion and carrots. Pour over the dressing; toss well to coat vegetables.
- 3Arrange vegetables on one of the baking trays. Add the beetroot to the bowl with dressing; toss well. Arrange beetroot on the remaining tray. Season all vegetables with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 4Bake both trays 40 minutes, or until vegetables are cooked through.
- 5Arrange vegetables on a bed of baby spinach leaves, to serve. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave. Remember to wear rubber gloves when preparing beetroot to prevent staining your hands. Choose beetroot that are firm and unblemished. Only buy beetroot that has some of the stem remaining as any cut into the bulb will cause too much bleeding during cooking.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Super-simple chicken parmigianaAug 08, 2022
- Gluten free basic biscuitsAug 08, 2022
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaAug 08, 2022
- 13 delicious chicken drumstick ideasAug 08, 2022
- Veal braciole with rice and peasAug 08, 2022
- Beef mince and rice burritosAug 08, 2022
- Lemon deliciousAug 07, 2022
- Beef and lentil curryAug 07, 2022
- Gluten-free peanut butter cookiesAug 07, 2022
- Apple streusel sliceAug 07, 2022
- 22 cost effective meals using mince and riceAug 07, 2022
- Creative ways with celeriacAug 07, 2022
- Salsa verdeAug 06, 2022
- Popcorn butterscotch squaresAug 05, 2022