- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 2 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- 1 kilogram kent pumpkin, peeled, cut into chunks
- 2 medium red onions, peeled, cut into wedges
- 1 bunch baby carrots, trimmed peeled
- 6 small beetroot, peeled, trimmed
- 100 gram baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced). Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- 2In a small bowl, combine honey, olive oil, vinegar and ginger. In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, onion and carrots. Pour over the dressing; toss well to coat vegetables.
- 3Arrange vegetables on one of the baking trays. Add the beetroot to the bowl with dressing; toss well. Arrange beetroot on the remaining tray. Season all vegetables with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 4Bake both trays 40 minutes, or until vegetables are cooked through.
- 5Arrange vegetables on a bed of baby spinach leaves, to serve. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave. Remember to wear rubber gloves when preparing beetroot to prevent staining your hands. Choose beetroot that are firm and unblemished. Only buy beetroot that has some of the stem remaining as any cut into the bulb will cause too much bleeding during cooking.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Cream-free spaghetti carbonaraMar 14, 2019
- Goan fish curry with low-carb cauliflower riceMar 13, 2019
- Mega mushroom burgersMar 13, 2019
- Low-carb turkey and kale lasagneMar 13, 2019
- Spinach and ricotta-stuffed chicken parmigianaMar 11, 2019
- Fennel, lemon, pea & prawn risottoMar 11, 2019
- Sweet potato pizza with fig and pancettaMar 11, 2019
- Lamington popsMar 06, 2019
- Can you eat meat on Ash Wednesday?Mar 05, 2019
- Whole cauliflower with creme fraiche dressingMar 04, 2019
- Subscribe to Women's Weekly FOODMar 02, 2019
- Tomato cheesecakes with green olivesFeb 28, 2019
- Prawn and vegetable japanese hash brownsFeb 28, 2019
- Kale pizza with smoked salmon and avocadoFeb 28, 2019