- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 2 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- 1 kilogram kent pumpkin, peeled, cut into chunks
- 2 medium red onions, peeled, cut into wedges
- 1 bunch baby carrots, trimmed peeled
- 6 small beetroot, peeled, trimmed
- 100 gram baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced). Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- 2In a small bowl, combine honey, olive oil, vinegar and ginger. In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, onion and carrots. Pour over the dressing; toss well to coat vegetables.
- 3Arrange vegetables on one of the baking trays. Add the beetroot to the bowl with dressing; toss well. Arrange beetroot on the remaining tray. Season all vegetables with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 4Bake both trays 40 minutes, or until vegetables are cooked through.
- 5Arrange vegetables on a bed of baby spinach leaves, to serve. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave. Remember to wear rubber gloves when preparing beetroot to prevent staining your hands. Choose beetroot that are firm and unblemished. Only buy beetroot that has some of the stem remaining as any cut into the bulb will cause too much bleeding during cooking.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Salted honeycombMay 24, 2019
- Chorizo and tomato omelette with chilli beansMay 23, 2019
- Croque monsieurMay 22, 2019
- Osso buco with gremolataMay 22, 2019
- Crisp-skin barramundi with mandarin salsaMay 20, 2019
- Mandarin marmaladeMay 20, 2019
- Mandarin and chai soufflesMay 20, 2019
- Magical mandarin recipesMay 20, 2019
- Mandarin and cardamom gluten-free muesliMay 19, 2019
- Mandarin and poppy seed friandsMay 19, 2019
- Jam dropsMay 15, 2019
- Cottage pieMay 15, 2019
- Slow cooker soup recipesMay 15, 2019
- Apple pieMay 14, 2019
- Cuban black bean soup in the slow cookerMay 14, 2019