- 1 medium (170g) red onion
- 1 large (180g) carrot
- ½ bunch fresh coriander (50g)
- 6 (500g) thick beef sausages
- 1 baby (130g) cos (romaine) lettuce
- ¼ cup (60ml) white wine vinegar
- 1½ tablespoons caster sugar
- ½ teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1Cut onion in half crossways; thinly slice one half into rings; finely chop other half. Using a julienne peeler, cut carrot into thin strips (see Test Kitchen tips). Combine vinegar and sugar in
a glass or stainless-steel bowl; season. Add sliced onion and carrot; toss to coat. Stand until required.
- 2Wash coriander, paying particular attention to roots. Finely chop roots and stems; reserve leaves to serve.
- 3Squeeze sausage meat from casings into a medium bowl. Add finely chopped onion and coriander root and stem mix; mix well to combine. Shape mixture into 20 balls.
- 4Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat; cook meatballs, turning frequently, for 12 minutes, or until cooked through and browned.
- 5Separate lettuce leaves; wash, then pat dry with paper towel. Place leaves on a platter. Drain pickled vegetables; divide among leaves.
Top each with two or three meatballs and reserved coriander leaves. Not suitable to freeze or microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Passionfruit curd teacakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Kimchi and cheese toastiesYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow cooked pork in ginger beerYesterday 2:00pm
- Pearl couscous ‘kedgeree’Yesterday 2:00pm
- Slow cooker bolognese sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- Mixed bean, spinach and paneer rogan joshYesterday 2:00pm
- Rigatoni with zucchini and chilliYesterday 2:00pm
- Vanilla sliceJun 17, 2021
- ShortbreadJun 17, 2021
- Baked custardJun 17, 2021
- Beef massamanJun 17, 2021
- Coconut pumpkin soup made in your slow cookerJun 17, 2021
- Steak and spuds with salsa verdeJun 17, 2021
- Rainbow bibimbap bowlsJun 16, 2021
- 22 easy dinner recipesJun 16, 2021