- 1 medium (170g) red onion
- 1 large (180g) carrot
- ½ bunch fresh coriander (50g)
- 6 (500g) thick beef sausages
- 1 baby (130g) cos (romaine) lettuce
- ¼ cup (60ml) white wine vinegar
- 1½ tablespoons caster sugar
- ½ teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1Cut onion in half crossways; thinly slice one half into rings; finely chop other half. Using a julienne peeler, cut carrot into thin strips (see Test Kitchen tips). Combine vinegar and sugar in
a glass or stainless-steel bowl; season. Add sliced onion and carrot; toss to coat. Stand until required.
- 2Wash coriander, paying particular attention to roots. Finely chop roots and stems; reserve leaves to serve.
- 3Squeeze sausage meat from casings into a medium bowl. Add finely chopped onion and coriander root and stem mix; mix well to combine. Shape mixture into 20 balls.
- 4Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat; cook meatballs, turning frequently, for 12 minutes, or until cooked through and browned.
- 5Separate lettuce leaves; wash, then pat dry with paper towel. Place leaves on a platter. Drain pickled vegetables; divide among leaves.
Top each with two or three meatballs and reserved coriander leaves. Not suitable to freeze or microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 46 creative ways with carrotsYesterday 2:00pm
- Mushroom soupYesterday 2:00pm
- Gluten free shortcrust pastryAug 10, 2022
- Gluten-free chocolate and almond biscuitsAug 10, 2022
- Air fryer potato gratinAug 10, 2022
- Gluten free cornflake and honey sconesAug 10, 2022
- Italian meatballsAug 10, 2022
- How to sterilise and seal glass jarsAug 10, 2022
- Cumquat ginger marmaladeAug 10, 2022
- 4-ingredient triple choc browniesAug 09, 2022
- 46 sweet slice recipesAug 09, 2022
- How to cook pastaAug 08, 2022
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaAug 08, 2022