- 1/3 cup fish sauce
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoon rice-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
Vietnamese chicken coleslaw
- 250 gram chicken breast fillets
- 3 cup finely shredded chinese cabbage
- 2 carrots, peeled, julienned
- 2 cup snow-pea sprouts, trimmed
- 4 green onions, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1Place chicken in a deep frying pan. Cover with water (see note) and bring to a gentle simmer on medium. Reduce heat to low and poach chicken for 5-8 minutes. Cool in liquid. Thinly slice or shred chicken and place in a large bowl.
- 2DRESSING: In a small jug, whisk all ingredients together until sugar dissolves. Set aside.
- 3Add cabbage, carrot, sprouts, onion and mint to chicken with half the dressing. Toss to combine. Drizzle with remaining dressing to serve.
You can add herbs, lemon slices or peppercorns to the poaching liquid. For a lunchbox version, add cooked rice vermicelli to the salad and use as a filling for rice-paper rolls.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Seeded parmesan crispsJan 31, 2021
- Banana berry breakfast sorbetJan 30, 2021
- TiramisuYesterday 10:00pm
- Aromatic Vietnamese beef curryYesterday 1:00pm
- Easy chicken parmigianaYesterday 1:00pm
- Beef stroganoffYesterday 1:00pm
- 20 tantalising tiramisu recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Delicious chicken drumstick recipe ideasYesterday 1:00pm
- Nutella TiramisuYesterday 1:00pm
- Pad ThaiYesterday 1:00pm
- Boston baked beansYesterday 5:03am
- Dessert recipes starring fresh peachesYesterday 4:18am
- 25 pasta recipesYesterday 1:08am
- Homemade mint sauceYesterday 1:00am
- Our best cupcake recipesJan 26, 2021