Buttery and light shortbread biscuits, sandwiched with raspberry jam and dipped in chocolate for a perfect afternoon treat.
- 250 grams (8oz) butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup (55g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1½ cups (225g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- ¼ cup (35g) rice flour
- 1⁄3 cup (110g) raspberry jam
- 300 grams (9½oz) dark (semi-sweet) chocolate, chopped coarsely
- 1Preheat oven to 160°C/325°F. Grease two large oven trays; line
with baking paper.
- 2Beat butter, vanilla and sugar in a small bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Add sifted flours and 1 tablespoon water; beat until just combined.
- 3Spoon mixture into a piping bag fitted with a medium fluted tube. Pipe 2cm × 6cm (¾in x 2½in) shapes onto trays, about 3cm (1¼in) apart.
- 4Bake for 15 minutes or until browned lightly and a biscuit can be pushed gently without breaking. Cool on trays.
- 5Sandwich biscuits together with ¾ teaspoon jam.
- 6Place chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl over a medium saucepan of simmering water (make sure the base of the bowl doesn't touch the water) stir until smooth. Remove bowl from heat. Dip biscuit ends in the chocolate; place on a baking-paper-covered wire rack to set.
Sandwiched biscuits will keep in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Unfilled, the plain biscuits will keep in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 12 easy Japanese dishesYesterday 11:00pm
- Roast lambYesterday 2:00pm
- Cheese delightsYesterday 2:00pm
- Cauliflower cream soup with mushroomsYesterday 2:00pm
- Healthy lunchbox recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- How to cook corned beef in a pressure cookerYesterday 2:00pm
- Savoury apple sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- Cheesecake recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Corned beef silverside with parsley chat potatoesYesterday 2:00pm
- Our favourite family roastsYesterday 2:00pm
- Healthy and tasty low-fat recipesJul 30, 2020
- Karaage chicken with Sriracha mayonnaiseJul 30, 2020
- Delicious pasta salad recipes to look forward toJul 30, 2020
- Lamb shanks massamanJul 29, 2020
- Healthy banana breadJul 29, 2020
- Sensational savoury piesJul 29, 2020