- 3 cup (750ml) vegetable stock
- 2 cup (500ml) water
- 1 pinch saffron threads
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 medium tomatoes (300g), seeded, chopped finely
- 1 medium red capsicum (200g), chopped finely
- 1 medium red onion (170g), chopped finely
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 200 gram swiss brown mushrooms
- 1 3/4 cup (350g) arborio rice
- 1 cup (120g) frozen peas
- 1 medium zucchini (120g), chopped finely
- 200 gram green beans, trimmed, chopped coarsely
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1Combine stock and water in medium saucepan, bring to the boil. Remove from heat, stir in saffron.
- 2Meanwhile, heat oil in large frying pan. Cook tomato, capsicum, onion, garlic and paprika, stirring, until onion softens. Add mushrooms, cook, stirring, for a further 1 minute, or until mushrooms have softened.
- 3Stir in rice then stock mixture, bring to the boil. Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered, without stirring, 20 minutes.
- 4Sprinkle peas, beans and zucchini evenly over surface of rice. Simmer, covered, about 10 minutes or until rice is tender.
- 5Remove from heat and let stand, covered, 5 minutes, before serving. Serve paella sprinkled with parsley, if you like.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Nectarine and almond tartFeb 21, 2019
- Sugar-free chocolate cakeFeb 20, 2019
- Easy hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Gluten-free hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Best ever choc-chip hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Chorizo and capscium savoury bread puddingFeb 13, 2019
- Caramel cheesecake sliceFeb 13, 2019
- Delicious recipes to back up your gut healthFeb 13, 2019
- Valentine's Day dinners worth staying in forFeb 12, 2019
- Turmeric dosa with green chilli potatoesFeb 10, 2019
- Healthy steamed fish and vegetable parcelsFeb 10, 2019
- Vegan tiramisuFeb 10, 2019
- Indian-style gnocchi with green veg masalaFeb 10, 2019
- Grain-free coconut granolaFeb 10, 2019
- Banana, coconut & rosemary nice-creamFeb 10, 2019