- 3 cup (750ml) vegetable stock
- 2 cup (500ml) water
- 1 pinch saffron threads
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 medium tomatoes (300g), seeded, chopped finely
- 1 medium red capsicum (200g), chopped finely
- 1 medium red onion (170g), chopped finely
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 200 gram swiss brown mushrooms
- 1 3/4 cup (350g) arborio rice
- 1 cup (120g) frozen peas
- 1 medium zucchini (120g), chopped finely
- 200 gram green beans, trimmed, chopped coarsely
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1Combine stock and water in medium saucepan, bring to the boil. Remove from heat, stir in saffron.
- 2Meanwhile, heat oil in large frying pan. Cook tomato, capsicum, onion, garlic and paprika, stirring, until onion softens. Add mushrooms, cook, stirring, for a further 1 minute, or until mushrooms have softened.
- 3Stir in rice then stock mixture, bring to the boil. Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered, without stirring, 20 minutes.
- 4Sprinkle peas, beans and zucchini evenly over surface of rice. Simmer, covered, about 10 minutes or until rice is tender.
- 5Remove from heat and let stand, covered, 5 minutes, before serving. Serve paella sprinkled with parsley, if you like.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- What you can cook in your air fryerNov 30, 2021
- Christmas tree shortbreadsNov 30, 2021
- Jam shortbread snowflakesNov 30, 2021
- Lemon chickenNov 30, 2021
- Lemon chicken rissolesNov 30, 2021
- No-bake Mars Bar sliceNov 30, 2021
- White choc-mint candy cane barkNov 30, 2021
- Chocolate and cherry bombe alaskaNov 29, 2021
- Four ways with stuffingNov 29, 2021
- Festive walnut shortbreadNov 29, 2021
- Our best-ever chicken burgerNov 29, 2021
- 20 salad recipes to serve with Christmas lunchNov 29, 2021
- Coconut riceNov 29, 2021