This tempting vegetarian bolognese might just woo over to the veg side!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion (200g), chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 400 grams canned diced tomatoes
- 400 grams canned tomato puree
- 400 grams brown lentils, drained, rinsed
- 400 grams spaghetti
- 1/3 cup (25g) finely grated pecorino cheese
- 2 tablespoons small basil leaves, extra
- 1Heat oil in a large deep frying pan over medium heat; cook onion, stirring, for 5 minutes or until golden. Stir in garlic, herbs, diced tomatoes and puree; cook for 5 minutes. Add lentils, then bring to the boil; cook, covered, for 4 minutes or until sauce thickens. Season to taste.
- 2Cook pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions until tender; drain. Return pasta to pan.
- 3Cook pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions until tender; drain. Return pasta to pan.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Seeded parmesan crispsJan 31, 2021
- Banana berry breakfast sorbetJan 30, 2021
- 20 homemade muesli bars and snack barsToday 5:29am
- Classic lamingtonsYesterday 8:00pm
- Healthy quinoa saladsYesterday 1:00pm
- White sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- Healthy lunchbox recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Spaghetti bologneseYesterday 1:00pm
- Indian rice saladYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make basic sconesYesterday 1:00pm
- Chunky fig and vanilla jamYesterday 1:00pm
- 22 healthy food bowlsYesterday 1:00pm
- CevicheYesterday 1:00pm
- Grilled mushrooms with soft-boiled dukkah eggs and crisp kaleYesterday 1:00pm
- Pancake recipesJan 22, 2021