This tempting vegetarian bolognese might just woo over to the veg side!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion (200g), chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 400 grams canned diced tomatoes
- 400 grams canned tomato puree
- 400 grams brown lentils, drained, rinsed
- 400 grams spaghetti
- 1/3 cup (25g) finely grated pecorino cheese
- 2 tablespoons small basil leaves, extra
- 1Heat oil in a large deep frying pan over medium heat; cook onion, stirring, for 5 minutes or until golden. Stir in garlic, herbs, diced tomatoes and puree; cook for 5 minutes. Add lentils, then bring to the boil; cook, covered, for 4 minutes or until sauce thickens. Season to taste.
- 2Cook pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions until tender; drain. Return pasta to pan.
- 3Cook pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions until tender; drain. Return pasta to pan.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Lamb shanksMay 26, 2022
- Ham and cheese croquettesMay 26, 2022
- Slow-cooked bologneseMay 26, 2022
- Basil, chickpea and vegetable stewMay 26, 2022
- 28 easy ways with bologneseMay 26, 2022
- Individual chocolate self-saucing puddingsMay 26, 2022
- Cauliflower parmigianaMay 26, 2022
- Classic lemon cheesecakeMay 26, 2022
- 30 fabulous fish curriesMay 26, 2022
- Red velvet cakeMay 26, 2022
- Mulled wineMay 26, 2022
- Silverbeet omelette with capsicum saladMay 26, 2022
- Spiced semolina and almond halvaMay 26, 2022
- 26 things you can make with a bottle of red wineMay 25, 2022
- Flourless orange & white chocolate cakeMay 25, 2022