This tempting vegetarian bolognese might just woo over to the veg side!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion (200g), chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 400 grams canned diced tomatoes
- 400 grams canned tomato puree
- 400 grams brown lentils, drained, rinsed
- 400 grams spaghetti
- 1/3 cup (25g) finely grated pecorino cheese
- 2 tablespoons small basil leaves, extra
- 1Heat oil in a large deep frying pan over medium heat; cook onion, stirring, for 5 minutes or until golden. Stir in garlic, herbs, diced tomatoes and puree; cook for 5 minutes. Add lentils, then bring to the boil; cook, covered, for 4 minutes or until sauce thickens. Season to taste.
- 2Cook pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions until tender; drain. Return pasta to pan.
- 3Cook pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions until tender; drain. Return pasta to pan.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Kale recipes you'll go crazy forYesterday 6:49am
- Cauliflower 'fried rice' with mushrooms and hamYesterday 3:49am
- Cauliflower recipesSep 27, 2020
- Easy Danish pastriesSep 27, 2020
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesSep 27, 2020
- Lamb and spinach samosasSep 27, 2020
- White sauceSep 27, 2020
- Garibaldi sliceSep 27, 2020
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesSep 27, 2020
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafSep 25, 2020
- Delicious dessert recipes with ricottaSep 24, 2020
- Spiced beef nachosSep 24, 2020
- Curried sausagesSep 24, 2020
- 25 sweet strawberry dessert recipesSep 24, 2020
- Stuffed capsicumSep 24, 2020
- 20 hearty, healthy soups to enjoySep 24, 2020