This tempting vegetarian bolognese might just woo over to the veg side!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion (200g), chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 400 grams canned diced tomatoes
- 400 grams canned tomato puree
- 400 grams brown lentils, drained, rinsed
- 400 grams spaghetti
- 1/3 cup (25g) finely grated pecorino cheese
- 2 tablespoons small basil leaves, extra
- 1Heat oil in a large deep frying pan over medium heat; cook onion, stirring, for 5 minutes or until golden. Stir in garlic, herbs, diced tomatoes and puree; cook for 5 minutes. Add lentils, then bring to the boil; cook, covered, for 4 minutes or until sauce thickens. Season to taste.
- 2Cook pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions until tender; drain. Return pasta to pan.
- 3Cook pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions until tender; drain. Return pasta to pan.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Apricot bliss ballsDec 07, 2021
- Cute canapes to start your dinner partyDec 07, 2021
- Perfect Christmas finger food recipesDec 07, 2021
- 31 tasty ways to use your leftover Christmas hamDec 07, 2021
- Chicken and lemon risottoDec 07, 2021
- Rice-cooker bibimbapDec 07, 2021
- 10 recipes to make your Christmas stress-freeDec 06, 2021
- Our best shepherd's pieDec 06, 2021
- Nougat semifreddo in white chcocolate conesDec 06, 2021
- Yum-yum dan dan noodlesDec 06, 2021
- Stained glass biscottiDec 06, 2021
- 13 outstanding Christmas dessertsDec 06, 2021
- 19 turkey recipes for the festive seasonDec 06, 2021