Packed with the goodness of vegetables and energy dense pasta, this soup is a quick, easy and filling meal for families on the go. Serve with crusty warm bread to complete the meal.
Looking for more vegetable soup recipes?
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 (400g) large brown onions, chopped finely
- 2 (360g) large carrots, chopped coarsely
- 8 (800g) stalks celery, trimmed, chopped coarsely
- 3 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 litre (4 cups) vegetable stock
- 1 litre (4 cups) water
- 3/4 cup (165g) soup pasta (see notes)
- 2 (240g) medium zucchini, sliced thickly
- 250 gram trimmed silver beet, chopped coarsely
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- 1In a large saucepan, heat oil on medium heat; cook onion, carrot, celery and garlic, stirring, for about 5-10 minutes, or until vegetables soften.
- 2Add stock and water; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minutes. Add pasta and zucchini; simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until pasta is tender. Add silver beet; cook, stirring, for about 30 seconds, or until silver beet wilts. Season before serving.
Recipe is not suitable to freeze. You will need about 1kg silver beet for this recipe. Soup pasta is a mixture of small pasta shapes, available in selected supermarkets. You could also use the same quantity of risoni pasta.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Delicious breakfast recipes for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Star anise, soy and beer-braised beef shinMay 04, 2021
- Butterfly cakesMay 04, 2021
- Bolognese pasta bakeMay 04, 2021
- Zucchini and sweet potato loafMay 04, 2021
- 33 of our slow-cooked favouritesMay 04, 2021
- Cheesy risotto ballsMay 04, 2021
- Mixed bean chilliMay 04, 2021
- Amazing Mother's Day lunch recipes for your mumMay 04, 2021
- 20 edible gift ideas for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Pizza dough and basic tomato sauceMay 04, 2021
- Prawn chu chee curryMay 04, 2021
- 25 delicious chicken breast recipesMay 04, 2021
- Spanish seafood stew with aioliMay 04, 2021