Packed with the goodness of vegetables and energy dense pasta, this soup is a quick, easy and filling meal for families on the go. Serve with crusty warm bread to complete the meal.
Looking for more vegetable soup recipes?
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 (400g) large brown onions, chopped finely
- 2 (360g) large carrots, chopped coarsely
- 8 (800g) stalks celery, trimmed, chopped coarsely
- 3 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 litre (4 cups) vegetable stock
- 1 litre (4 cups) water
- 3/4 cup (165g) soup pasta (see notes)
- 2 (240g) medium zucchini, sliced thickly
- 250 gram trimmed silver beet, chopped coarsely
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- 1In a large saucepan, heat oil on medium heat; cook onion, carrot, celery and garlic, stirring, for about 5-10 minutes, or until vegetables soften.
- 2Add stock and water; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minutes. Add pasta and zucchini; simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until pasta is tender. Add silver beet; cook, stirring, for about 30 seconds, or until silver beet wilts. Season before serving.
Recipe is not suitable to freeze. You will need about 1kg silver beet for this recipe. Soup pasta is a mixture of small pasta shapes, available in selected supermarkets. You could also use the same quantity of risoni pasta.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Baked rice custardToday 5:26am
- Slow-cooked beef ragu with pappardelleToday 2:21am
- Beef WellingtonToday 12:27am
- Slow cooker bean bourgignonYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow cooker veal rolls (involtini) with prosciutto and sageYesterday 2:00pm
- Spinach gozlemeYesterday 2:00pm
- 45 comforting custard dessertsYesterday 2:00pm
- Lemon meringue pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Ragù alla bologneseYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow cooker lamb shanks with tomato, chilli and fettaYesterday 2:00pm
- Duxelles-filled lamb leg with roast vegetablesYesterday 2:00pm
- Cauliflower cheeseYesterday 7:00am
- Slow-cooker Thai basil and chilli chicken with cashewsYesterday 6:15am
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesYesterday 5:15am
- Lemon drizzle cakeYesterday 4:18am