Vegetable rice paper rolls
- 50 gram vermicelli noodles
- 2 medium (500g) avocados
- 1 medium (150g) carrot
- 1 bunch garlic chives
- 24 small round rice paper wrappers
- 3 red radishes, grated
- 1 cup (80g) bean sprouts, trimmed
- 24 large mint leaves
Chilli dipping sauce
- 1/2 cup (125ml) white vinegar
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (60ml) water
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 small (40g) red onion, chopped finely
- 1/2 small (60g) lebanese cucumber, seeded, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1 small fresh red chilli, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cashews, toasted, chopped
Vegetable rice paper rolls with chilli dipping sauce
- 1Place vermicelli noodles in a bowl of hot water for 10 minutes or until softened; drain well.
- 2Thinly slice the avocados. Cut carrot into long thin strips. Cut garlic chives into the same lengths as the carrot.
- 3Cover a board with a damp tea towel. Place one sheet of rice paper in a bowl of warm water until softened. Place on tea towel, top with a slice of avocado, some of the carrot, radish, sprouts, a mint leaf, some garlic chives and noodles in the centre of the sheet.
- 4Fold bottom half of the rice paper up. Fold in one side; roll over to enclose the filling. Repeat with remaining rice paper sheets and remaining ingredients. Place the rolls on a plastic wrap-lined tray; cover with a damp paper towel and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 5For the chilli dipping sauce, bring vinegar, sugar, salt and water to the boil in a medium saucepan; boil, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Pour vinegar mixture over remaining ingredients in a medium bowl. Cool and serve with rice paper rolls.
The dressing for this recipe can be made a day ahead. The rolls can be made up to four hours ahead. Keep fresh by covering with damp paper towel. Not suitable to freeze. Suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 19 delicious dinners using turkey minceYesterday 1:00pm
- Easy chocolate browniesYesterday 1:00pm
- Quick-mix chewy choc-chip cookiesYesterday 1:00pm
- Beef rissoles and mashYesterday 1:00pm
- '90s Aussie kids' party foodFeb 25, 2021
- Easy hot cross bunsFeb 25, 2021
- White chocolate cracklesFeb 25, 2021
- Chocolate freckle sliceFeb 25, 2021
- Delicious desserts packed full of sultanasFeb 25, 2021
- 27 quick and tasty chicken stir-fry recipesFeb 24, 2021
- Kung pao chickenFeb 24, 2021
- Vegan dulce de lecheFeb 24, 2021
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpFeb 24, 2021
- Tom yum soupFeb 24, 2021
- How to make a classic béarnaise sauceFeb 22, 2021