- 2 medium (400g) red capsicums
- 1 medium (200g) yellow capsicum
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 1/2 tablespoon drained capers, chopped
- 1 medium (120g) zucchini, sliced thinly
- 1 large sourdough baguette
- 1 clove garlic, bruised, peeled
- 4 soft-boiled eggs, peeled, halved
- 10 marinated artichoke hearts, sliced
- 10 large basil leaves
- 1Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Place capsicums on an oven tray; roast until the skin is beginning to blister and blacken. Transfer to a bowl; cover with plastic wrap, cool.
- 2Combine oil, vinegar, parsley and capers in a medium bowl. Add the zucchini; season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 3Remove the skin and seeds from the capsicums; thinly slice the flesh. Add the capsicum to the zucchini mixture; toss to combine.
- 4Split the baguette in half lengthways, without cutting all the way through; open out flat. Scoop out the soft bread; rub the garlic over the inside of the baguette.
- 5Arrange the eggs in the base of the baguette; top with the artichoke, then capsicum mixture, then basil. Replace the top of the baguette.
- 6Wrap the baguette in plastic wrap; place on a tray. Top with another tray then place several heavy weights on top. Refrigerate overnight. Serve cut in thick slices.
For a heartier version, add canned tuna, prosciutto or smoked salmon.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chorizo and capscium savoury bread puddingFeb 13, 2019
- Caramel cheesecake sliceFeb 13, 2019
- Delicious recipes to back up your gut healthFeb 13, 2019
- Valentine's Day dinners worth staying in forFeb 12, 2019
- Turmeric dosa with green chilli potatoesFeb 10, 2019
- Healthy steamed fish and vegetable parcelsFeb 10, 2019
- Vegan tiramisuFeb 10, 2019
- Indian-style gnocchi with green veg masalaFeb 10, 2019
- Grain-free coconut granolaFeb 10, 2019
- Banana, coconut & rosemary nice-creamFeb 10, 2019
- Gluten-free buckwheat waffles with golden syrupFeb 10, 2019
- How to cook burghulFeb 10, 2019
- Vegetable lasagneFeb 10, 2019