- 2 corn cobs (800g), husks and silks removed
- ½ small green cabbage (600g), cut into wedges
- 2 small orange sweet potatoes (500g), sliced thickly
- 1 large zucchini (150g), sliced thickly
- 1 medium red capsicum (bell pepper) (200g), sliced thickly
- 200 g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 fresh long red chillies, seeded, cut into thin strips
- ¼ cup (20g) shredded coconut, toasted
- ¼ cup (35g) coarsely chopped roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons white sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons fried asian shallots
- ½ cup loosely packed fresh coriander
- (cilantro) sprigs
- 1 cup (280g) crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup (250ml) canned coconut milk
- 1 fresh kaffir lime leaf, shredded
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- ¼ cup (60ml) lime juice
- 1Line two large steamer baskets with baking paper; pierce holes in paper.
- 2Place one steamer over a wok of simmering water. Cut corn into quarters. Place corn, cabbage and sweet potato in basket; cover with lid and steam for 5 minutes. Remove lid. Add zucchini and capsicum to second steamer; place on top of steamer in wok. Cover top steamer with lid; steam for 5 minutes or until vegetables are almost tender. Add peas to top steamer; cover and steam for 2 minutes or until vegetables are just tender.
- 3Meanwhile, make peanut sauce.
- 4Spread peanut sauce on a platter; top with steamed vegetables, then scatter with sprouts, chilli, coconut, peanuts, sesame seeds, fried shallots and coriander.
- 5Whisk ingredients in a medium bowl until combined; season to taste.
You can use your favourite vegetables in this Indonesian salad, such as steamed green beans, potato and broccoli, as well as cucumber and tomatoes. Add tofu or tempeh for a more substantial meal.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Kale recipes you'll go crazy forYesterday 6:49am
- Cauliflower 'fried rice' with mushrooms and hamYesterday 3:49am
- Cauliflower recipesSep 27, 2020
- Easy Danish pastriesSep 27, 2020
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesSep 27, 2020
- Lamb and spinach samosasSep 27, 2020
- White sauceSep 27, 2020
- Garibaldi sliceSep 27, 2020
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesSep 27, 2020
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafSep 25, 2020
- Delicious dessert recipes with ricottaSep 24, 2020
- Spiced beef nachosSep 24, 2020
- Curried sausagesSep 24, 2020
- 25 sweet strawberry dessert recipesSep 24, 2020
- Stuffed capsicumSep 24, 2020
- 20 hearty, healthy soups to enjoySep 24, 2020