- 1 1/2 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 small zucchini, finely grated
- 400 gram can chickpeas, rinsed
- 310 gram can corn kernels, drained
- 1 cup seasoned stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat grated tasty cheese
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 4 bread rolls, halved, toasted
- 1/2 200g tub spicy pumpkin dip
- 1 lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 50 gram snow pea sprouts
- 1Line a baking tray with baking paper. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a frying pan over moderate heat. Add onion; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until soft. Add garlic; cook and stir for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add zucchini; cook and stir for 1 minute or until soft. Drain excess liquid from pan.
- 2Place chickpeas in a large bowl; coarsely mash. Add onion mixture, corn, stuffing mix, cheese and egg. Season; mix well. Using damp hands, shape mixture into 4 equal patties. Transfer to prepared tray. Cover with plastic food wrap; chill 5 for minutes.
- 3Heat remaining oil in a frying pan over moderately low heat. Cook patties for 2 minutes each side or until golden and heated. Place bread bases on serving plates. Spread with dip. Top with a patty, cucumber, sprouts and remaining bread. Serve.
Use a vegetable peeler to peel cucumber into ribbons. You can swap chickpeas for red kidney beans.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic Christmas trifleToday 6:13am
- 24 last-minute dinner recipes for entertainingToday 12:13am
- Women's Weekly Vintage Edition: Chocolate chip cookiesYesterday 10:00pm
- White ChristmasYesterday 9:00pm
- How to make an easy gingerbread houseYesterday 8:00pm
- Meatloaf recipe - classicYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make a towering pavlova Christmas treeYesterday 1:00pm
- Caesar saladYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make basic sconesYesterday 1:00pm
- Curried sausagesYesterday 1:00pm
- Ultimate greek saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Lemon meringue pieYesterday 1:00pm
- 13 Christmas cookies recipesNov 12, 2019
- Summer puddingNov 12, 2019
- 10 recipes for a modern Australian ChristmasNov 10, 2019