- 1 1/2 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 small zucchini, finely grated
- 400 gram can chickpeas, rinsed
- 310 gram can corn kernels, drained
- 1 cup seasoned stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat grated tasty cheese
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 4 bread rolls, halved, toasted
- 1/2 200g tub spicy pumpkin dip
- 1 lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 50 gram snow pea sprouts
- 1Line a baking tray with baking paper. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a frying pan over moderate heat. Add onion; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until soft. Add garlic; cook and stir for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add zucchini; cook and stir for 1 minute or until soft. Drain excess liquid from pan.
- 2Place chickpeas in a large bowl; coarsely mash. Add onion mixture, corn, stuffing mix, cheese and egg. Season; mix well. Using damp hands, shape mixture into 4 equal patties. Transfer to prepared tray. Cover with plastic food wrap; chill 5 for minutes.
- 3Heat remaining oil in a frying pan over moderately low heat. Cook patties for 2 minutes each side or until golden and heated. Place bread bases on serving plates. Spread with dip. Top with a patty, cucumber, sprouts and remaining bread. Serve.
Use a vegetable peeler to peel cucumber into ribbons. You can swap chickpeas for red kidney beans.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Layered banana butterscotch cakeToday 6:38am
- French toastJul 13, 2019
- Fabulous French recipesJul 13, 2019
- Slow cooker beef rendangJul 13, 2019
- Christmas in July recipesJul 13, 2019
- Classic sconesJul 12, 2019
- RatatouilleJul 11, 2019
- 12 tantalising tiramisu recipesJul 11, 2019
- Rabbit stifadoJul 11, 2019
- Rhubarb crumbleJul 10, 2019
- Leftover stroganoff baguetteJul 10, 2019
- Mulled wineJul 09, 2019
- Avocado toast with fennel sauerkrautJul 08, 2019
- Chilli con carneJul 03, 2019
- Apple pieJul 03, 2019