- 1 1/2 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 small zucchini, finely grated
- 400 gram can chickpeas, rinsed
- 310 gram can corn kernels, drained
- 1 cup seasoned stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat grated tasty cheese
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 4 bread rolls, halved, toasted
- 1/2 200g tub spicy pumpkin dip
- 1 lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 50 gram snow pea sprouts
- 1Line a baking tray with baking paper. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a frying pan over moderate heat. Add onion; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until soft. Add garlic; cook and stir for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add zucchini; cook and stir for 1 minute or until soft. Drain excess liquid from pan.
- 2Place chickpeas in a large bowl; coarsely mash. Add onion mixture, corn, stuffing mix, cheese and egg. Season; mix well. Using damp hands, shape mixture into 4 equal patties. Transfer to prepared tray. Cover with plastic food wrap; chill 5 for minutes.
- 3Heat remaining oil in a frying pan over moderately low heat. Cook patties for 2 minutes each side or until golden and heated. Place bread bases on serving plates. Spread with dip. Top with a patty, cucumber, sprouts and remaining bread. Serve.
Use a vegetable peeler to peel cucumber into ribbons. You can swap chickpeas for red kidney beans.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Tom yum fried rice with prawnsSep 16, 2019
- Quinoa recipes that really hit the spotSep 16, 2019
- Creamy chicken and pasta saladSep 16, 2019
- Vegetarian lasagne recipesSep 11, 2019
- Juice recipes to rival those bought in-storeSep 11, 2019
- Jerk fish & slaw salad cupsSep 10, 2019
- Mixed berry and ricotta tartSep 10, 2019
- Chicken, burghul & pomegranate saladSep 09, 2019
- Fudgy choc-cherry biscuitsSep 06, 2019
- Flourless chocolate hazelnut cakeSep 06, 2019
- Potato bakeSep 06, 2019
- Spinach dip cob loafSep 06, 2019
- Quiche LorraineSep 05, 2019