- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped finely
- 300 gram button mushrooms, chopped coarsely
- 1 medium_piece red capsicum, chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 cup (200g) red lentils
- 1 cup (250ml) salt-reduced vegetable stock
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 1 1/2 cup (250g) cooked brown long-grain rice
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup (50g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 2 carrots, grated coarsely
- 200 gram low-fat greek-style yogurt
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
- 225 gram canned sliced beetroot (beets), drained
- 1 1/2 cup (60g) alfalfa sprouts
- 2 tomatoes, sliced thinly
- 6 small_piece wholemeal bread rolls, split, toasted
- 1/2 cup (100g) brown long-grain rice
- 1Heat oil in large frying pan, add onion, mushrooms, capsicum, garlic and lentils; cook, stirring, until vegetables soften. Add stock and the water; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes or until lentils are tender and stock is absorbed. Remove from heat. Stir in rice, parsley, flour and half of the carrot; cool.
- 2When cool enough to handle, shape mixture into six patties; place on baking-paper-lined tray. Cover; refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
- 3Cook patties in cleaned, heated oiled large frying pan until browned both sides and heated through.
- 4Meanwhile, combine yogurt and mint in small bowl.
- 5Sandwich patties, remaining carrot, beetroot, alfalfa, tomato and yogurt mixture between toasted roll halves.
You need to cook ½ cup (100g) brown long-grain rice for this recipe.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Tom yum fried rice with prawnsSep 16, 2019
- Quinoa recipes that really hit the spotSep 16, 2019
- Creamy chicken and pasta saladSep 16, 2019
- Vegetarian lasagne recipesSep 11, 2019
- Juice recipes to rival those bought in-storeSep 11, 2019
- Jerk fish & slaw salad cupsSep 10, 2019
- Mixed berry and ricotta tartSep 10, 2019
- Chicken, burghul & pomegranate saladSep 09, 2019
- Fudgy choc-cherry biscuitsSep 06, 2019
- Flourless chocolate hazelnut cakeSep 06, 2019
- Potato bakeSep 06, 2019
- Spinach dip cob loafSep 06, 2019
- Quiche LorraineSep 05, 2019