- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red capsicum, seeded, diced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 35 gram packet taco spice mix
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 2 x 400g cans diced tomatoes
- 400 gram canned mixed beans, rinsed, drained
- 130 gram corn kernels, drained
- 10 flour tortillas
- 3/4 cup grated tasty cheese
- mixed salad leaves, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C. Lightly grease a large shallow baking dish.
- 2In a medium saucepan heat oil on high. Saute capsicum and onion 2-3 minutes, until tender. Add zucchini, taco spice mix and chilli and cook, stirring, for a further 1-2 minutes.
- 3Stir tomatoes, beans and corn through. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer 3-4 minutes, until thickened slightly.
- 4Spoon 1/3 cup tomato mixture down centre of each tortilla. Roll up to enclose. Arrange in single layer in dish. Spoon remaining mixture over tortillas. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 5Bake 15-20 minutes until cheese melts and filling is hot. Serve with salad.
If liked and budget permits, add 250 grams chicken or beef mince to the filling – brown in step 2 with the onions. You can also try making your own taco seasoning mix by combining 2 tablespoons chili powder, 1 tablespoon salt, 2 teaspoons paprika, 2 teaspoons chilli flakes, 1½ teaspoons dried oregano, 1 teaspoon ground cumin, ½ teaspoon dried marjoram, ¼ teaspoon pepper. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 months – 2 tablespoon equals a 35 gram packet of mix.