- 1 cup (160g) whole blanched almonds
- 1/2 cup (125ml) water
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup (125ml) olive oil
- 1Soak blanched almonds for 4 hours; drain. Rinse under cold water; drain. Blend almonds with water until smooth.
- 2Add apple cider vinegar, lemon juice and dijon mustard; blend until smooth and combined. Season to taste.
- 3With motor operating, add olive oil in a slow, steady stream until smooth and combined. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 month.
Finding a good-quality vegan mayonnaise is difficult and most are soy based. This recipe is not only dairy-free and egg-free, but soy-free as well.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate peanut butter slab cakeToday 5:19am
- Citrus almond twistAug 20, 2019
- Pistachio and apricot baklava cakeAug 20, 2019
- 10 quick and easy dessertsAug 20, 2019
- Teriyaki salmonAug 19, 2019
- Pistachio, pink pepper & rose petal barkAug 19, 2019
- Garlicky mushroom pizzaAug 19, 2019
- Mushroom pie with minted mushy peasAug 18, 2019
- Mixed berry clafoutisAug 16, 2019
- Banoffee meringue with honeycombAug 15, 2019
- Spinach, cheese and potato cannelloniAug 15, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsAug 14, 2019
- Free-form mushroom and cheese tartAug 13, 2019
- Lumberjack cakeAug 11, 2019
- Salmon recipesAug 09, 2019