- 1 cup (160g) whole blanched almonds
- 1/2 cup (125ml) water
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup (125ml) olive oil
- 1Soak blanched almonds for 4 hours; drain. Rinse under cold water; drain. Blend almonds with water until smooth.
- 2Add apple cider vinegar, lemon juice and dijon mustard; blend until smooth and combined. Season to taste.
- 3With motor operating, add olive oil in a slow, steady stream until smooth and combined. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 month.
Finding a good-quality vegan mayonnaise is difficult and most are soy based. This recipe is not only dairy-free and egg-free, but soy-free as well.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Mushroom filled beef fillet with port sauceDec 05, 2019
- Crispy roast potatoes with rosemary saltDec 05, 2019
- Turkey with apricot & hazelnut stuffingDec 05, 2019
- Coffee wreath (with chocolate sauce)Dec 05, 2019
- 34 side dishes to complete your Christmas mealDec 05, 2019
- Barbecued corn, spinach and avocado saladDec 05, 2019
- Roast beetroot and goat’s cheese terrineDec 05, 2019
- Nutella cheesecakeDec 05, 2019
- White Christmas sliceDec 05, 2019
- Dark plum jamDec 04, 2019
- Oysters with pink & green mignonette dressingsDec 04, 2019
- Ice-cream Christmas pudding logDec 04, 2019
- Herb-brined turkey breast in pancettaDec 04, 2019
- Coconut banana stacked cakeDec 03, 2019
- 2-in-1 basic fruit mixDec 02, 2019