Veg wonton soup
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 6 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 centimetre fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 100 gram shiitake mushrooms, finely chopped
- 15 gram dried shiitake mushrooms, finely grated
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1/2 bunch coriander, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon kecap manis
- 16 wonton wrappers
- 1 bunch baby buk choy, shredded
- thinly sliced fresh chilli, lime wedges, to serve
- 1 1/2 litre chinese master stock
- 2 tablespoon chinese cooking wine (shao hsing)
- 1 tablespoon kecap manis
- 3 centimetre fresh ginger, finely shredded
Veg wonton soup
- 1In a large frying pan, heat oil on medium. Saute onion, ginger and garlic for 30 seconds.
- 2Add mushrooms and chilli and saute for 4-5 minutes until mushrooms are tender. Stir coriander and kecap manis through.
- 3Arrange wonton wrappers on a flat surface. Place 2 teaspoons of filling in the centre. Lightly wet the edges with water and fold over, pleating the edges to seal.
- 4Meanwhile, to make ginger broth; in a large saucepan, bring stock to the boil on high. Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine, bring to a simmer.
- 5Add wontons to simmering broth. Cook for 1 minute until floating.
- 6Divide buk choy between serving bowls. Pour over broth and wontons. Serve with thinly sliced red chilli and lime wedges.
To quickly and neatly wrap wontons, consider using a wonton press available cheaply from most asian supermarkets
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Best burger recipesToday 4:33am
- Butter chickenYesterday 4:00pm
- Pistachio, honey and cardamom kulfiYesterday 1:00pm
- Vanilla sliceYesterday 1:00pm
- Ultimate greek saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Pho boYesterday 1:00am
- Pickled baby beetrootOct 13, 2019
- Vietnamese meatball and lettuce wrapOct 13, 2019
- Strawberry jelly sliceOct 13, 2019
- Beef stroganoffOct 13, 2019
- Melting momentsOct 10, 2019
- Lamb souvlakiOct 10, 2019
- Pumpkin pieOct 09, 2019
- Mushroom and goat’s cheese ravioliOct 09, 2019
- Ravioli recipesOct 09, 2019