- 1.5 kilogram (3 pounds) stewing veal
- 1/4 cup (35g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 2 medium brown onions (300g), chopped coarsely
- 3 clove garlic, crushed
- 400 gram (12½ ounces) tiny button mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cup (375ml) beef stock
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 cup (120g) sour cream
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1Cut veal into 2.5cm (1-inch) pieces. Toss veal in combined flour and paprika to coat, shake off excess; place in 4.5-litre (18-cup) slow cooker. Sprinkle veal evenly with excess flour mixture.
- 2Add onion, garlic and mushrooms to slow cooker; pour over combined stock and paste. Cook, covered, on low, 6 hours.
- 3Stir in sour cream; season to taste. Serve sprinkled with parsley.
Suitable to freeze at the end of step 2. Add sour cream when reheating.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Tom yum fried rice with prawnsSep 16, 2019
- Quinoa recipes that really hit the spotSep 16, 2019
- Creamy chicken and pasta saladSep 16, 2019
- Vegetarian lasagne recipesSep 11, 2019
- Juice recipes to rival those bought in-storeSep 11, 2019
- Jerk fish & slaw salad cupsSep 10, 2019
- Mixed berry and ricotta tartSep 10, 2019
- Chicken, burghul & pomegranate saladSep 09, 2019
- Fudgy choc-cherry biscuitsSep 06, 2019
- Flourless chocolate hazelnut cakeSep 06, 2019
- Potato bakeSep 06, 2019
- Spinach dip cob loafSep 06, 2019
- Quiche LorraineSep 05, 2019