- 1.5 kilogram (3 pounds) stewing veal
- 1/4 cup (35g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 2 medium brown onions (300g), chopped coarsely
- 3 clove garlic, crushed
- 400 gram (12½ ounces) tiny button mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cup (375ml) beef stock
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 cup (120g) sour cream
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1Cut veal into 2.5cm (1-inch) pieces. Toss veal in combined flour and paprika to coat, shake off excess; place in 4.5-litre (18-cup) slow cooker. Sprinkle veal evenly with excess flour mixture.
- 2Add onion, garlic and mushrooms to slow cooker; pour over combined stock and paste. Cook, covered, on low, 6 hours.
- 3Stir in sour cream; season to taste. Serve sprinkled with parsley.
Suitable to freeze at the end of step 2. Add sour cream when reheating.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Seeded parmesan crispsJan 31, 2021
- Banana berry breakfast sorbetJan 30, 2021
- TiramisuYesterday 10:00pm
- Aromatic Vietnamese beef curryYesterday 1:00pm
- Easy chicken parmigianaYesterday 1:00pm
- Beef stroganoffYesterday 1:00pm
- 20 tantalising tiramisu recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Delicious chicken drumstick recipe ideasYesterday 1:00pm
- Nutella TiramisuYesterday 1:00pm
- Pad ThaiYesterday 1:00pm
- Boston baked beansYesterday 5:03am
- Dessert recipes starring fresh peachesYesterday 4:18am
- 25 pasta recipesYesterday 1:08am
- Homemade mint sauceYesterday 1:00am
- Our best cupcake recipesJan 26, 2021