- 1 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 4 veal schnitzel steaks
- oil for shallow frying
- steamed green beans, lemon wedges, to serve
Potato and cabbage smash
- 4 large potatoes, peeled, halved
- 60 gram butter, chopped
- 2 cup shredded cabbage
Veal schnitzel with potato and cabbage smash
- 1On a large shallow plate, combine breadcrumbs, zest and spices. Season to taste. Place flour on a plate and whisk eggs in a shallow dish.
- 2Coat veal in flour, shaking off excess. Dip into egg and toss in breadcrumb mixture, pressing firmly. Arrange on a plate. Chill for 15 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, to make potato and cabbage smash; cook potato in a saucepan of boiling water for 10-15 minutes, until tender. Drain in colander. In same pan, melt half the butter on high. Saute cabbage for 3-4 minutes until tender. Return potatoes to pan with remaining butter. Mash roughly. Season to taste.
- 4In a large frying, pan heat oil on medium. Cook veal for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden. Drain on paper towel.
- 5Serve veal with potato and cabbage smash. Accompany with beans and lemon wedges.
Season flour with salt and pepper before coating. Chilling helps adhere the crumbs to the surface of the food during cooking.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Vanilla cake with vanilla bean icingOct 20, 2019
- Wheaty banana muffinsOct 20, 2019
- Honey joysOct 16, 2019
- Chicken curry recipesOct 16, 2019
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpOct 16, 2019
- French toastOct 16, 2019
- Peanut butter cookiesOct 16, 2019
- Ocean trout salad with edamame miso dressingOct 16, 2019
- Windsor shortbreadOct 16, 2019
- Coconut riceOct 16, 2019
- Best burger recipesOct 16, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsOct 16, 2019
- Sweet potato bubble and squeakOct 16, 2019
- Spiced apple filo coilOct 16, 2019
- Lemon curd cakeOct 16, 2019
- Butter chickenOct 15, 2019