- 1 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 4 veal schnitzel steaks
- oil for shallow frying
- steamed green beans, lemon wedges, to serve
Potato and cabbage smash
- 4 large potatoes, peeled, halved
- 60 gram butter, chopped
- 2 cup shredded cabbage
Veal schnitzel with potato and cabbage smash
- 1On a large shallow plate, combine breadcrumbs, zest and spices. Season to taste. Place flour on a plate and whisk eggs in a shallow dish.
- 2Coat veal in flour, shaking off excess. Dip into egg and toss in breadcrumb mixture, pressing firmly. Arrange on a plate. Chill for 15 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, to make potato and cabbage smash; cook potato in a saucepan of boiling water for 10-15 minutes, until tender. Drain in colander. In same pan, melt half the butter on high. Saute cabbage for 3-4 minutes until tender. Return potatoes to pan with remaining butter. Mash roughly. Season to taste.
- 4In a large frying, pan heat oil on medium. Cook veal for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden. Drain on paper towel.
- 5Serve veal with potato and cabbage smash. Accompany with beans and lemon wedges.
Season flour with salt and pepper before coating. Chilling helps adhere the crumbs to the surface of the food during cooking.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Quick & easy minestroneToday 2:24am
- Salmon parcels with kipfler potatoesToday 12:03am
- 12 brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 1:10am
- Ultimate greek saladYesterday 12:01am
- Parsnip noodles with spicy lamb meatball raguJul 17, 2019
- 10 oat dessert and snack recipesJul 17, 2019
- Mint jellyJul 17, 2019
- 12 brilliant baked cheesecakesJul 17, 2019
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesJul 16, 2019
- Pickled baby beetrootJul 16, 2019
- Easy bolognese recipesJul 16, 2019
- Layered banana butterscotch cakeJul 15, 2019
- French toastJul 13, 2019
- Fabulous French recipesJul 13, 2019
- Slow cooker beef rendangJul 13, 2019