- 2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped sage leaves
- 8 veal schnitzel steaks, pounded
- 1/2 cup seasoned flour
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1/4 red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, shaved into ribbons
- 2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- oil for shallow frying
- 1 bunch parsley, leaves picked, chopped
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cornichons
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
Veal scallopini with salsa verde
- 1In a shallow dish, combine breadcrumbs with parmesan and herbs.
- 2Lightly dust veal in flour, shaking off excess. Dip into egg, then coat in crumbs, pressing firmly. Arrange on a tray. Chill for 15 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine cabbage, fennel, carrot, olive oil and vinegar. Set aside.
- 4To make salsa verde; in a food processor, pulse all ingredients together until well combined and thick.
- 5In a large frying pan, heat vegetable oil on medium. Cook veal for 1-2 minutes each side, until cooked through and golden. Drain on paper towel.
- 6Serve veal with salsa verde and coleslaw. Accompany with lemon wedges.
To freeze, make scallopini to the end of Step 2, then freeze on a lined oven tray. Defrost in the fridge overnight and cook as directed. Use 1 tablespoon dried herbs in place of the fresh for the breadcrumbs if liked.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Quick & easy minestroneToday 2:24am
- Salmon parcels with kipfler potatoesToday 12:03am
- 12 brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 1:10am
- Ultimate greek saladYesterday 12:01am
- Parsnip noodles with spicy lamb meatball raguJul 17, 2019
- 10 oat dessert and snack recipesJul 17, 2019
- Mint jellyJul 17, 2019
- 12 brilliant baked cheesecakesJul 17, 2019
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesJul 16, 2019
- Pickled baby beetrootJul 16, 2019
- Easy bolognese recipesJul 16, 2019
- Layered banana butterscotch cakeJul 15, 2019
- French toastJul 13, 2019
- Fabulous French recipesJul 13, 2019
- Slow cooker beef rendangJul 13, 2019