- 8 slices prosciutto (120g)
- 8 veal schnitzels (800g)
- ⅔ cup (130g) drained chargrilled capsicum strips
- 8 large fresh sage leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion (150g), chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup (60ml) dry red wine
- 400 grams bottled tomato pasta sauce
- 1Place prosciutto slices on a chopping board; top each slice with a schnitzel. Place capsicum across centre of schnitzels. Top each with a sage leaf. Roll to enclose filling; secure veal rolls with toothpicks or kitchen string.
- 2Heat oil in a 4.5-litre (18-cup) slow cooker on sear (HIGH) setting; cook veal rolls, turning, for 10 minutes or until well browned. Add onion, garlic, wine and sauce. Cook, covered, on low, for 6 hours. Season to taste.
- 3Serve veal rolls with sauce.
Accompany with soft polenta, cooked pasta, mashed potato or crusty bread, and topped with gremolata and fried sage leaves
Not suitable to freeze.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Roast chicken with preserved lemonJun 23, 2022
- Our unbeatable lemon curd recipeJun 23, 2022
- Sticky date pudding with butterscotch sauceJun 23, 2022
- Chilli beef with cornbread dumplingsJun 23, 2022
- Lamb shank shepherd's pieJun 23, 2022
- Lemon butter almond sliceJun 23, 2022
- Savoury minceJun 23, 2022
- Traditional minestroneJun 23, 2022
- Banana and cinnamon muffinsJun 23, 2022
- Crunchy low-gi barsJun 23, 2022
- 25 beautiful banana cakesJun 23, 2022
- Express pizza doughJun 23, 2022
- Ricotta gnocchi in fresh tomato sauceJun 23, 2022
- Beef and cheese pieJun 23, 2022
- Chocolate and raspberry tartsJun 23, 2022