Veal goulash pies
- 600 gram diced veal shoulder
- 2 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1 brown onion (80g), chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 400 gram can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup (60ml) beef stock
- 1 red capsicum (200g), cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 unpeeled potato (200g), cut into 2cm pieces
- 1/4 cup (60g) sour cream flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh
- 2 (sheets) shortcrust pastry
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 2 (sheets) puff pastry
Veal goulash pies
- 1Coat veal in combined flour, paprika and pepper; shake off excess. Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in large saucepan; cook veal, in batches, until browned. Remove from pan.
- 2Heat remaining oil in same pan; cook onion and garlic, stirring, until onion softens. Return veal to pan with seeds, undrained tomatoes and stock; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 25 minutes. Add capsicum and potato; simmer, uncovered, about 15 minutes or until sauce thickens. Stir in sour cream and parsley; cool.
- 3Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Grease six-hole (¾-cup/ 180ml) texas muffin pan.
- 4Cut six 12cm rounds from shortcrust pastry; press into pan holes. Brush edges with a little of the egg. Spoon goulash into pastry cases.
- 5Cut six 9cm rounds from puff pastry; top goulash with puff pastry rounds. Press edges firmly to seal; brush tops with remaining egg. Cut a small slit in top of each pie.
- 6Bake pies about 25 minutes. Stand in pan 5 minutes before serving.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 19 delicious dinners using turkey minceYesterday 1:00pm
- Easy chocolate browniesYesterday 1:00pm
- Quick-mix chewy choc-chip cookiesYesterday 1:00pm
- Beef rissoles and mashYesterday 1:00pm
- '90s Aussie kids' party foodFeb 25, 2021
- Easy hot cross bunsFeb 25, 2021
- White chocolate cracklesFeb 25, 2021
- Chocolate freckle sliceFeb 25, 2021
- Delicious desserts packed full of sultanasFeb 25, 2021
- 27 quick and tasty chicken stir-fry recipesFeb 24, 2021
- Kung pao chickenFeb 24, 2021
- Vegan dulce de lecheFeb 24, 2021
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpFeb 24, 2021
- Tom yum soupFeb 24, 2021
- How to make a classic béarnaise sauceFeb 22, 2021