- 3 (185g) stalks rhubarb, chopped into 3cm (1¼-inch) lengths
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoon water
- 1 cup (60g) quinoa flakes
- 2 cup (500ml) skim milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoon honey, extra
- 1Combine rhubarb, vanilla, honey and the water in a microwave-safe bowl, cover with kitchen paper. Microwave mixture on HIGH (100%) for 3 minutes or until tender.
- 2Combine quinoa and milk in a medium saucepan, cook, stirring, over medium-high heat, for about 4 minutes or until porridge thickens.
- 3Top porridge with rhubarb and extra honey.
Quinoa flakes are available in the health food aisle of the supermarket or from health food stores. You could use rolled oats, if you prefer. The rhubarb can be cooked in a small covered saucepan over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until tender.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Blackberry parfaitYesterday 12:43am
- Pork silverside roast with maple-roasted vegiesJul 21, 2019
- Quick & easy minestroneJul 19, 2019
- Salmon parcels with kipfler potatoesJul 19, 2019
- 12 brussels sprouts recipesJul 18, 2019
- Ultimate greek saladJul 18, 2019
- Parsnip noodles with spicy lamb meatball raguJul 17, 2019
- 10 oat dessert and snack recipesJul 17, 2019
- Mint jellyJul 17, 2019
- 12 brilliant baked cheesecakesJul 17, 2019
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesJul 16, 2019
- Pickled baby beetrootJul 16, 2019
- Easy bolognese recipesJul 16, 2019
- Layered banana butterscotch cakeJul 15, 2019
- French toastJul 13, 2019