- 3 (185g) stalks rhubarb, chopped into 3cm (1¼-inch) lengths
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoon water
- 1 cup (60g) quinoa flakes
- 2 cup (500ml) skim milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoon honey, extra
- 1Combine rhubarb, vanilla, honey and the water in a microwave-safe bowl, cover with kitchen paper. Microwave mixture on HIGH (100%) for 3 minutes or until tender.
- 2Combine quinoa and milk in a medium saucepan, cook, stirring, over medium-high heat, for about 4 minutes or until porridge thickens.
- 3Top porridge with rhubarb and extra honey.
Quinoa flakes are available in the health food aisle of the supermarket or from health food stores. You could use rolled oats, if you prefer. The rhubarb can be cooked in a small covered saucepan over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until tender.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Delicious breakfast recipes for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Star anise, soy and beer-braised beef shinMay 04, 2021
- Butterfly cakesMay 04, 2021
- Bolognese pasta bakeMay 04, 2021
- Zucchini and sweet potato loafMay 04, 2021
- 33 of our slow-cooked favouritesMay 04, 2021
- Cheesy risotto ballsMay 04, 2021
- Mixed bean chilliMay 04, 2021
- Amazing Mother's Day lunch recipes for your mumMay 04, 2021
- 20 edible gift ideas for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Pizza dough and basic tomato sauceMay 04, 2021
- Prawn chu chee curryMay 04, 2021
- 25 delicious chicken breast recipesMay 04, 2021
- Spanish seafood stew with aioliMay 04, 2021