- 3 (185g) stalks rhubarb, chopped into 3cm (1¼-inch) lengths
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoon water
- 1 cup (60g) quinoa flakes
- 2 cup (500ml) skim milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoon honey, extra
- 1Combine rhubarb, vanilla, honey and the water in a microwave-safe bowl, cover with kitchen paper. Microwave mixture on HIGH (100%) for 3 minutes or until tender.
- 2Combine quinoa and milk in a medium saucepan, cook, stirring, over medium-high heat, for about 4 minutes or until porridge thickens.
- 3Top porridge with rhubarb and extra honey.
Quinoa flakes are available in the health food aisle of the supermarket or from health food stores. You could use rolled oats, if you prefer. The rhubarb can be cooked in a small covered saucepan over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until tender.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- South-East Asian dinner recipesYesterday 11:51pm
- Peach galetteYesterday 2:00pm
- What food is in season in June?Yesterday 2:00pm
- Pineapple upside-down cakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Ultimate slow cooker ideas for winterYesterday 2:00pm
- Impossible pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Pumpkin sconesYesterday 2:00pm
- 14 sweet & savoury buttermilk recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Custard tartYesterday 2:00pm
- 27 brilliant ways to use barley in your recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Banana cake recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Vietnamese beef brisketMay 29, 2020
- Baked rice custardMay 29, 2020
- Easy guacamoleMay 28, 2020
- Boeuf bourguignonMay 28, 2020