- 3 (185g) stalks rhubarb, chopped into 3cm (1¼-inch) lengths
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoon water
- 1 cup (60g) quinoa flakes
- 2 cup (500ml) skim milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoon honey, extra
- 1Combine rhubarb, vanilla, honey and the water in a microwave-safe bowl, cover with kitchen paper. Microwave mixture on HIGH (100%) for 3 minutes or until tender.
- 2Combine quinoa and milk in a medium saucepan, cook, stirring, over medium-high heat, for about 4 minutes or until porridge thickens.
- 3Top porridge with rhubarb and extra honey.
Quinoa flakes are available in the health food aisle of the supermarket or from health food stores. You could use rolled oats, if you prefer. The rhubarb can be cooked in a small covered saucepan over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until tender.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Strawberry and almond friand sliceYesterday 9:00pm
- Crisp-skin barramundi with mandarin salsaYesterday 6:51am
- Mandarin marmaladeYesterday 6:41am
- Chocolate caramel semifreddo with honeycomb and mandarinYesterday 5:51am
- Mandarin and chai soufflesYesterday 5:13am
- Magical mandarin recipesYesterday 4:37am
- Mandarin and cardamom gluten-free muesliMay 19, 2019
- Mandarin and poppy seed friandsMay 19, 2019
- Jam dropsMay 15, 2019
- Cottage pieMay 15, 2019
- Slow cooker soup recipesMay 15, 2019
- Apple pieMay 14, 2019
- Cuban black bean soup in the slow cookerMay 14, 2019
- Slow cooker vegetable minestroneMay 14, 2019
- Slow-cooker ribollitaMay 14, 2019
- Slow-cooker borschtMay 14, 2019