- 125 gram granita biscuits
- 80 gram butter, melted
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 2 250g packets cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup (150g) caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (120g) sour cream
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 2 cup (500ml) water
- 2 cup (440g) sugar
- 2 medium (800g) quinces, peeled, quartered
- 2 strips lemon rind
Vanilla cheesecake with poached quinces
- 1Preheat oven to moderately slow 160°C (140°C fan-forced).
- 2Insert base of 24cm springform pan upside down in pan, to give a flat base; grease pan.
- 3Process biscuits until finely crushed. Transfer crumbs to a bowl, then stir in butter until combined. Press biscuit mixture evenly over base of prepared pan. Place on an oven tray; chill 30 minutes.
- 4Split vanilla bean in half lengthways. Scrape out seeds with a sharp knife; reserve bean for poached quinces.
- 5Beat cheese, vanilla seeds, sugar, eggs, sour cream and juice in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until smooth.
- 6Pour cheese mixture over biscuit crust. Bake about 35 minutes, or until just set. Cool in oven with door ajar. Cover; refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- 7To make poached quinces, combine water and sugar in a medium saucepan; stir over a low heat until sugar is dissolved. Add quinces, reserved vanilla bean and lemon rind; bring to the boil and simmer, covered, about 2 hours, or until quinces are tender. Cool quinces in syrup. Remove from syrup and slice.
- 8Boil remaining quince liquid, uncovered, until it is reduced by half. Arrange sliced quinces on top of cheesecake; brush with syrup.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Tamarind beef stir fry with kohlrabi saladYesterday 11:40pm
- Kohlrabi & sweet potato rosti with cashew dipYesterday 7:08am
- Delicious recipes to try in your Kmart pie makerYesterday 12:05am
- Beef curry with turmeric rice and coconut sambalJun 14, 2019
- Banana cake recipesJun 14, 2019
- Beef curry recipesJun 14, 2019
- Fabulous frittata recipesJun 13, 2019
- 10 perfect puff pastry recipesJun 12, 2019
- 10 easy risotto recipesJun 11, 2019
- Quiche LorraineJun 06, 2019
- Vegetarian nachosJun 06, 2019
- Quince recipesJun 06, 2019
- Fried rice recipesJun 06, 2019
- Roasted chickpeas & beansJun 05, 2019
- 14 cheeky chickpea recipesJun 05, 2019