- 800 gram canned chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 small_piece 4cm fresh turmeric, grated
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh coriander
- 1Blend or process chickpeas, honey, juice, half the oil, turmeric, garlic, cumin and half the cayenne pepper until smooth.
- 2Transfer mixture to medium bowl; stir in coriander, season to taste.
- 3Serve hummus sprinkled with remaining cayenne pepper and drizzled with remaining oil.
Serve dip with crusty bread; we used toasted pitta bread.