Turkish-style pizza with minted yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion (150g), chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 500 gram minced beef
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup (250ml) beef stock
- 2 tomatoes (280g), chopped finely
- 1/3 cup (50g) toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 2 x 500g turkish bread
- 200 gram yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint, extra
Turkish-style pizza with minted yogurt
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced.
- 2Heat oil in large frying pan; cook onion and garlic, stirring, until onion is soft. Add mince; cook until browned. Add pepper and spices; stir until fragrant.
- 3Add rind, juice, stock and tomatoes to pan; cook, stirring, over medium heat until most of the liquid is evaporated. Remove from heat; stir in pine nuts and herbs.
- 4Place bread on oven trays; press mince mixture evenly over the top of the bread, leaving a 3cm border.
- 5Cover pizzas with foil; bake for 10 minutes. Remove foil; bake another 10 minutes until browned lightly.
- 6Serve cut into thick slices topped with combined yogurt and extra mint.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Mushroom soupYesterday 2:00pm
- Italian meatballsAug 10, 2022
- Gluten-free chocolate and almond biscuitsAug 10, 2022
- Gluten free shortcrust pastryAug 10, 2022
- Air fryer potato gratinAug 10, 2022
- Gluten free cornflake and honey sconesAug 10, 2022
- How to sterilise and seal glass jarsAug 10, 2022
- Cumquat ginger marmaladeAug 10, 2022
- 4-ingredient triple choc browniesAug 09, 2022
- 46 sweet slice recipesAug 09, 2022
- How to cook pastaAug 08, 2022
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaAug 08, 2022
- 13 delicious chicken drumstick ideasAug 08, 2022