Turkish clay pot
- 1 small eggplant, finely chopped
- 125 gram mushrooms, chopped
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 500 gram veal mince
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1/2 cup water
- juice of half a medium lemon
- 4 eggs
- baby spinach, chopped tomato and avocado, crumbled feta, paprika and turkish bread to serve.
Turkish clay pot
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Arrange 4 ramekins or shallow pans on an oven tray.
- 2In a large frying pan, heat oil on high. Saute eggplant and mushrooms for 2-3 minutes until tender and golden. Mix in green onions and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- 3Add veal mince and brown, breaking up lumps, for 4-5 minutes. Stir in dried oregano, ground cumin, smoked paprika and dried chilli flakes and cook for 1 minute. Mix in water and lemon juice and cook for 30 seconds until evaporated.
- 4Spoon mixture between pans. Make a recess in the centre. Break an egg into each recess. Cover loosely with foil. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- 5Serve pots scattered with baby spinach leaves, chopped tomato and avocado, crumbled feta and a sprinkle of paprika. Accompany with toasted turkish bread.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Quick & easy minestroneToday 2:24am
- Salmon parcels with kipfler potatoesToday 12:03am
- 12 brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 1:10am
- Ultimate greek saladYesterday 12:01am
- Parsnip noodles with spicy lamb meatball raguJul 17, 2019
- 10 oat dessert and snack recipesJul 17, 2019
- Mint jellyJul 17, 2019
- 12 brilliant baked cheesecakesJul 17, 2019
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesJul 16, 2019
- Pickled baby beetrootJul 16, 2019
- Easy bolognese recipesJul 16, 2019
- Layered banana butterscotch cakeJul 15, 2019
- French toastJul 13, 2019
- Fabulous French recipesJul 13, 2019
- Slow cooker beef rendangJul 13, 2019