Turkish clay pot
- 1 small eggplant, finely chopped
- 125 gram mushrooms, chopped
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 500 gram veal mince
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1/2 cup water
- juice of half a medium lemon
- 4 eggs
- baby spinach, chopped tomato and avocado, crumbled feta, paprika and turkish bread to serve.
Turkish clay pot
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Arrange 4 ramekins or shallow pans on an oven tray.
- 2In a large frying pan, heat oil on high. Saute eggplant and mushrooms for 2-3 minutes until tender and golden. Mix in green onions and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- 3Add veal mince and brown, breaking up lumps, for 4-5 minutes. Stir in dried oregano, ground cumin, smoked paprika and dried chilli flakes and cook for 1 minute. Mix in water and lemon juice and cook for 30 seconds until evaporated.
- 4Spoon mixture between pans. Make a recess in the centre. Break an egg into each recess. Cover loosely with foil. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- 5Serve pots scattered with baby spinach leaves, chopped tomato and avocado, crumbled feta and a sprinkle of paprika. Accompany with toasted turkish bread.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Vanilla cake with vanilla bean icingOct 20, 2019
- Wheaty banana muffinsOct 20, 2019
- Honey joysOct 16, 2019
- Chicken curry recipesOct 16, 2019
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpOct 16, 2019
- French toastOct 16, 2019
- Peanut butter cookiesOct 16, 2019
- Ocean trout salad with edamame miso dressingOct 16, 2019
- Windsor shortbreadOct 16, 2019
- Coconut riceOct 16, 2019
- Best burger recipesOct 16, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsOct 16, 2019
- Sweet potato bubble and squeakOct 16, 2019
- Spiced apple filo coilOct 16, 2019
- Lemon curd cakeOct 16, 2019
- Butter chickenOct 15, 2019