- 3 beetroot, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon hot paprika
- 3/4 cup (200g) yogurt
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1Cook beetroot in medium saucepan of boiling water, uncovered, about 45 minutes or until tender; drain. When cool enough to handle, peel beetroot then chop coarsely.
- 2Meanwhile, dry-fry spices in a small frying pan until fragrant; cool.
- 3Blend or process beetroot, spices and remaining ingredients until smooth.
Wearing disposable gloves is one way to avoid staining your hands when cooking with beetroot. Scrub your chopping board with some kitchen salt to help remove any stains. Beetroot is fantastic with Middle-Eastern spices, garlic, horseradish, fresh herbs or piquant cheese.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easy hot cross bunsFeb 25, 2021
- Chocolate freckle sliceFeb 25, 2021
- Delicious desserts packed full of sultanasFeb 25, 2021
- White chocolate cracklesFeb 25, 2021
- 27 quick and tasty chicken stir-fry recipesFeb 24, 2021
- Vegan dulce de lecheFeb 24, 2021
- Kung pao chickenFeb 24, 2021
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpFeb 24, 2021
- Tom yum soupFeb 24, 2021
- How to make a classic béarnaise sauceFeb 22, 2021
- All of our best nachos recipesFeb 22, 2021
- 30 minced recipesFeb 22, 2021
- 20 baking ideas with cranberriesFeb 22, 2021
- Mini caramelised onion and prosciutto meatloavesFeb 22, 2021
- Basic omeletteFeb 22, 2021