- 3 beetroot, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon hot paprika
- 3/4 cup (200g) yogurt
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1Cook beetroot in medium saucepan of boiling water, uncovered, about 45 minutes or until tender; drain. When cool enough to handle, peel beetroot then chop coarsely.
- 2Meanwhile, dry-fry spices in a small frying pan until fragrant; cool.
- 3Blend or process beetroot, spices and remaining ingredients until smooth.
Wearing disposable gloves is one way to avoid staining your hands when cooking with beetroot. Scrub your chopping board with some kitchen salt to help remove any stains. Beetroot is fantastic with Middle-Eastern spices, garlic, horseradish, fresh herbs or piquant cheese.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Rice salad recipes for healthy lunchesAug 06, 2020
- Easy Spanish paella recipesAug 05, 2020
- Cheesy pastry twistsAug 05, 2020
- Potato Salad RecipesAug 05, 2020
- Lasagne recipe collectionAug 05, 2020
- Brilliant broccoli recipesAug 05, 2020
- Broccoli and kale soup with lemon creme fraicheAug 05, 2020
- Classic sconesAug 05, 2020
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeAug 04, 2020
- Homemade pastyAug 04, 2020
- Pork ribs with sticky barbecue sauceAug 04, 2020
- Tangy lemon squaresAug 04, 2020
- Vanilla cupcakesAug 04, 2020
- 27 comforting custard dessertsAug 04, 2020
- Anzac biscuit recipesAug 04, 2020
- Traditional beef casseroleAug 04, 2020