- 3 beetroot, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon hot paprika
- 3/4 cup (200g) yogurt
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1Cook beetroot in medium saucepan of boiling water, uncovered, about 45 minutes or until tender; drain. When cool enough to handle, peel beetroot then chop coarsely.
- 2Meanwhile, dry-fry spices in a small frying pan until fragrant; cool.
- 3Blend or process beetroot, spices and remaining ingredients until smooth.
Wearing disposable gloves is one way to avoid staining your hands when cooking with beetroot. Scrub your chopping board with some kitchen salt to help remove any stains. Beetroot is fantastic with Middle-Eastern spices, garlic, horseradish, fresh herbs or piquant cheese.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- French toastOct 16, 2019
- Honey joysOct 16, 2019
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpOct 16, 2019
- Peanut butter cookiesOct 16, 2019
- Chicken curry recipesOct 16, 2019
- Ocean trout salad with edamame miso dressingOct 16, 2019
- Windsor shortbreadOct 16, 2019
- Coconut riceOct 16, 2019
- Best burger recipesOct 16, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsOct 16, 2019
- Sweet potato bubble and squeakOct 16, 2019
- Spiced apple filo coilOct 16, 2019
- Lemon curd cakeOct 16, 2019
- Butter chickenOct 15, 2019
- Vanilla sliceOct 15, 2019
- Pistachio, honey and cardamom kulfiOct 15, 2019