- 3 beetroot, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon hot paprika
- 3/4 cup (200g) yogurt
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1Cook beetroot in medium saucepan of boiling water, uncovered, about 45 minutes or until tender; drain. When cool enough to handle, peel beetroot then chop coarsely.
- 2Meanwhile, dry-fry spices in a small frying pan until fragrant; cool.
- 3Blend or process beetroot, spices and remaining ingredients until smooth.
Wearing disposable gloves is one way to avoid staining your hands when cooking with beetroot. Scrub your chopping board with some kitchen salt to help remove any stains. Beetroot is fantastic with Middle-Eastern spices, garlic, horseradish, fresh herbs or piquant cheese.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic rum ballsToday 4:29am
- Garlic breadToday 1:00am
- Chocolate and cherry bombe alaskaYesterday 11:55pm
- Garlic beef stir-fryYesterday 1:00pm
- Easy recipes with leeksYesterday 1:00pm
- Show-stopping Christmas recipes you'll be famous forYesterday 1:00pm
- Mouthwatering glazed Christmas ham recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Fettuccine carbonaraYesterday 5:37am
- White ChristmasNov 22, 2020
- Perfect roast potatoesNov 22, 2020
- Baked chocolate and caramel cheesecakeNov 22, 2020
- Christmas fruit and spice friandsNov 22, 2020
- Classic boiled Christmas puddingNov 22, 2020
- Pork and fennel sausage rollsNov 22, 2020
- Best edible Christmas giftsNov 22, 2020
- Perfect pad thaiNov 20, 2020