- 125 g (4oz) baby spinach
- ⅓ cup (50g) dried apricots or cherries, chopped coarsely
- ⅓ cup (45g) roasted hazelnuts, chopped coarsely
- 1 cup (70g) fresh breadcrumbs (see tips)
- 1 kg (2lb) frozen ready-to-roast turkey breast, thawed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 cup (250ml) salt-reduced chicken stock
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
- 2Place spinach in a heatproof bowl; pour over boiling water, stand for 1 minute. Drain; cool under running water. Squeeze small handfuls of spinach to remove excess liquid; chop and place in a medium bowl. Stir in apricot, hazelnuts and breadcrumbs; season.
- 3Place turkey breast on a sheet of baking paper large enough to enclose turkey. Slice breast in half lengthways, without cutting all the way through; open out flat.
- 4Spoon stuffing over one cut-side of the breast, fold the other side over stuffing to enclose. Brush turkey with oil, season; top with thyme.
- 5Secure with kitchen string. Place turkey in a large shallow roasting pan; roast for 45 minutes.
- 6Remove string using kitchen scissors. Cover turkey loosely with foil; stand for 10 minutes.
- 7Bring brandy to the boil in a medium saucepan; boil for 1 minute. Add stock and any juices from turkey pan; boil until reduced by half. Serve sliced turkey with the brandy sauce.
For extra flavour, wrap 125g (4oz) thinly sliced pancetta or prosciutto slices around the stuffed turkey before roasting. Breadcrumbs are best made from bread that is slightly stale, about 3 days old. If you only have fresh bread, leave the slices out on the bench for a few hours to dry. Process bread, with or without crusts, until coarse crumbs form.If you're entertaining a larger crowd, simply double the recipe to feed 12.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsJan 25, 2020
- Lamington popsJan 25, 2020
- Churros with hot chocolateJan 16, 2020
- Ricotta cheesecake with mangoJan 16, 2020
- Bourbon & molasses barbecue sauceJan 16, 2020
- Passionfruit cheesecake sliceJan 15, 2020
- Paprika chicken with chilli sauceJan 15, 2020
- Crab and zucchini spaghettiJan 15, 2020
- Quick three-cheese frittataJan 15, 2020
- Prawn cocktail platterJan 15, 2020
- Chicken skewers with green olive dressingJan 15, 2020
- Three-ingredient plum tartJan 15, 2020
- Linguine with garlic prawnsJan 15, 2020
- Lamb kofta with yoghurtJan 15, 2020
- Scone recipesJan 15, 2020