- 125 g (4oz) baby spinach
- ⅓ cup (50g) dried apricots or cherries, chopped coarsely
- ⅓ cup (45g) roasted hazelnuts, chopped coarsely
- 1 cup (70g) fresh breadcrumbs (see tips)
- 1 kg (2lb) frozen ready-to-roast turkey breast, thawed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 cup (250ml) salt-reduced chicken stock
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
- 2Place spinach in a heatproof bowl; pour over boiling water, stand for 1 minute. Drain; cool under running water. Squeeze small handfuls of spinach to remove excess liquid; chop and place in a medium bowl. Stir in apricot, hazelnuts and breadcrumbs; season.
- 3Place turkey breast on a sheet of baking paper large enough to enclose turkey. Slice breast in half lengthways, without cutting all the way through; open out flat.
- 4Spoon stuffing over one cut-side of the breast, fold the other side over stuffing to enclose. Brush turkey with oil, season; top with thyme.
- 5Secure with kitchen string. Place turkey in a large shallow roasting pan; roast for 45 minutes.
- 6Remove string using kitchen scissors. Cover turkey loosely with foil; stand for 10 minutes.
- 7Bring brandy to the boil in a medium saucepan; boil for 1 minute. Add stock and any juices from turkey pan; boil until reduced by half. Serve sliced turkey with the brandy sauce.
For extra flavour, wrap 125g (4oz) thinly sliced pancetta or prosciutto slices around the stuffed turkey before roasting. Breadcrumbs are best made from bread that is slightly stale, about 3 days old. If you only have fresh bread, leave the slices out on the bench for a few hours to dry. Process bread, with or without crusts, until coarse crumbs form.If you're entertaining a larger crowd, simply double the recipe to feed 12.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Apricot bliss ballsDec 07, 2021
- Cute canapes to start your dinner partyDec 07, 2021
- Perfect Christmas finger food recipesDec 07, 2021
- 31 tasty ways to use your leftover Christmas hamDec 07, 2021
- Chicken and lemon risottoDec 07, 2021
- Rice-cooker bibimbapDec 07, 2021
- 10 recipes to make your Christmas stress-freeDec 06, 2021
- Our best shepherd's pieDec 06, 2021
- Nougat semifreddo in white chcocolate conesDec 06, 2021
- Yum-yum dan dan noodlesDec 06, 2021
- Stained glass biscottiDec 06, 2021
- 13 outstanding Christmas dessertsDec 06, 2021
- 19 turkey recipes for the festive seasonDec 06, 2021