- 500 gram turkey mince
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 cup soft white breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon mixed dried herbs
- 3 puff pastry sheets, partially thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1Place turkey mince, grated onion, breadcrumbs and mixed herbs in bowl and mix with clean hands until well combined. Divide mixture into 6 portions.
- 2Cut pastry sheets in half to form 6 rectangles altogether. Trim 5cm off one end of each pastry rectangle and reserve for decorations.
- 3Place one portion of the mince mixture in the centre of each rectangle, pressing to flatten slightly. Brush edges of pastry with beaten egg, then fold up to enclose filling, making sure the seam is underneath. Press edges together to seal, then mark with a fork.
- 4Cut decorative shapes from reserved pastry pieces. Brush pastry parcels with beaten egg, top with decorative shapes, then brush shapes with beaten egg and cut two small slits into the top of pastry.
- 5Transfer to oven trays, bake in a 200°C (180°C fan-forced) preheated oven for 20 minutes or until golden.
Serve with cranberry sauce and accompany with vegetables of your choice. Recipe is best prepared as required.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Juice recipes to rival those bought in-storeToday 3:00am
- 40 cauliflower recipesYesterday 11:29pm
- 20 of our tastiest savoury tartsYesterday 2:00pm
- Roast chicken with herb stuffingYesterday 2:00pm
- 40 warming sweet and savoury recipes for your pressure cookerYesterday 2:00pm
- Make these beef taco pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- Make butter chicken roti pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- Custard tartJul 22, 2021
- 20 beautiful bundt cakesJul 22, 2021
- How to make custard tarts in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- How to make apple pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- How to make Aussie meat pies in the pie makerJul 22, 2021