- 1 large carrot
- 2 lebanese cucumbers
- 4 green onions
- 4 small torpedo-shaped white bread rolls
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 100 gram shaved smoked turkey breast
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1 fresh small red thai chilli, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1Using a vegetable peeler, cut long thin strips from the carrot and cucumbers. Thinly slice onions lengthways.
- 2Split bread rolls lengthways through top, without cutting all the way through.
- 3Spread inside of each roll with 1 tsp mayonnaise; top equally with carrot, cucumber, onion, turkey, coriander and chilli; drizzle with the sauce.
The turkey can be swapped for cooked chicken breast. Vegetables can be prepared a day ahead, cover with damp kitchen paper and plastic wrap, and store in the fridge. Drizzle with soy sauce just before serving. You can add or omit the chilli depending on how hot you like your food.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Miso eggplant and noodle saladYesterday 10:00pm
- New York cheesecakeYesterday 5:00pm
- Verjuice chicken and leek stewYesterday 2:00pm
- Cheesy eggplant and lentil bakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Chunky minestrone with haloumiYesterday 2:00pm
- Roast chicken with herb stuffingYesterday 2:00pm
- Chicken paprikashYesterday 2:00pm
- Beef and mushroom stewYesterday 2:00pm
- 16 tasty ways with risoni pastaYesterday 2:00pm
- Easy gravyYesterday 2:00pm
- Easy chicken pasta recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Arancini with tomato and balsamic sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- 23 sweet and savoury hand piesYesterday 2:00pm
- Coconut beef curryYesterday 2:00pm